• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Sailor Moon Anime Delayed

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roseversailles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:53 am Reply with quote
.....I really hope this is a terribly belated April Fools joke. Or a prank to show how much the fans actually care.

How longer must we wait Anime cry

Still, this makes an eerie amount of sense in relation to the lack of promotion/information we've seen thus far.
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quote
This is actually kind of old news. The Twitter post by Osabu was made back in March. I'm surprised ANN only brought it up now.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:03 am Reply with quote
mangaka-chan wrote:
This is actually kind of old news. The Twitter post by Osabu was made back in March. I'm surprised ANN only brought it up now.

You're thinking of the old post Osabu made in March.

This article is about the new post Osabu made this week.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:15 am Reply with quote
Someone's teeth is forfeit come 2014. Whatever, Toei's screwjob is getting mighty annoying.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:05 am Reply with quote
Kinda figured it was delayed since there has been no PV or even character designs revealed for the show yet.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:03 am Reply with quote
Toei's probably scared of competing with it's own Pretty Cure brand and is focusing on that right now. Don't really blame them.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"Not 2014. Perhaps."

What does that mean? It seems to contradict.
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:44 am Reply with quote
WHOOPS deleted my whole post 'cause I got completely confused just now.

Basically the delay has been confirmed, but we don't know how far delayed. Though it's a "maybe" about the whole 2014 thing.

So it's either going to be pushed back for this fall/winter, or maybe wait 'til next spring/summer. That's my guess, anyway.

ngl I kind of expected a delay...
terminus24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:07 am Reply with quote
I don't find this surprising at all, since we haven't gotten any info on this for a long time.

I'm hoping "not 2014" (and yes, the twitter post does say 2014) just means later this year, as I'm kinda doubtful that they would have pushed this back 2 years. The fact that this is the 20th anniversary of SM also makes me think this year.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't try to look into the message too deeply. Osabu is not fluent in the English language. Panicking about the "maybe" factor may be an overreaction at this point.

Well, this was likely news considering how many Sailor Moon related seiyuu are on the con circuit this year. While I can understand Saturn's seiyuu being invited to Animazement solely because her character doesn't appear until the third season, Luna's seiyuu...no. With a production schedule as tight as they are in Japan, that doesn't make sense. Not to mention that Tuxedo Kamen's seiyuu mentioned that he has not yet been asked to reprise his roll. So that would indicate that something, somewhere along the line, is being held up for whatever reason.

My thoughts are simple - 5 Sailor Moon seasons have already been released. That's four seasons more than was originally planned on being released in the 1990s, and four more seasons than most anime productions get. If no more Sailor Moon anime is released, I'll live. I still have 200 episodes that I can view any day of the week, and a lot of production artwork in my collection that I can happily view anytime as well.
Togame

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:32 am Reply with quote
Rumors are making rounds about Toei and Princess Naoko Planning disagreeing on certain creative aspects. Which makes absolutely perfect sense since PNP was estabilished to do exactly that. Laughing

Well at least it seems like they're determined to get it out even in face of delays and not just bury it forever.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:42 am Reply with quote
This is some interesting news. I didn't expect them to revive this series. Well, the old series still holds strong but I'd be curious to see where the direction goes from there.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
The fact that this is the 20th anniversary of SM also makes me think this year.

The 20th would have been last year, so they're already behind if that was their intent.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
Quote:
"Not 2014. Perhaps."

What does that mean? It seems to contradict.
I believe that is a literal translation. Read it as " Perhaps not 2014." (perhaps later, or perhaps sooner.) like Winter of 2013. One could speculate that they have pinged the anxiety of fans to this "remake" and have had to stop production to pull the new design closer to original. But then we don't even know if they have started production as yet.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:17 am Reply with quote
Togame wrote:
Rumors are making rounds about Toei and Princess Naoko Planning disagreeing on certain creative aspects. Which makes absolutely perfect sense since PNP was estabilished to do exactly that. Laughing

Well at least it seems like they're determined to get it out even in face of delays and not just bury it forever.

If true, I'm betting they ran into some violence that Toei wants to tone down. Cool But until an official source confirms them, they're exactly that: Rumors.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9