• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: BlazBlue Alter Memory Anime's Story, Cast, Staff Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Hideki Tachibana (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira) is directing the anime at teamKG and Hoods Entertainment.

Dis gonna be good. Hopefully there will be quite a bit of Noel fanservice.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:27 am Reply with quote
I just hope when/if it comes stateside the keep the same voices as the games. But yeah, looking forward to this.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:40 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping it will adapt the game faithfully but otherwise definitely looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashminigun

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote
Taokaka indiscriminately groping the female casts and gave an honest assessment. We hardly cannot wait :3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
DRWii

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
teamKG, Hoods adapt BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger's plot

Oh good, that means I can watch it without having played "Continuum Shift" yet.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:41 am Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
Quote:
teamKG, Hoods adapt BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger's plot

Oh good, that means I can watch it without having played "Continuum Shift" yet.

Hope this does well enough for them to adapt Continuum Shift later. I played Calamity Trigger, but never got the sequel.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:48 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Quote:
Hideki Tachibana (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira) is directing the anime at teamKG and Hoods Entertainment.

Dis gonna be good. Hopefully there will be quite a bit of Noel fanservice.

Kira was so terrible I want to deny its existence
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
I just hope when/if it comes stateside the keep the same voices as the games. But yeah, looking forward to this.

I agree. This is one of the few times I actually want Sentai to license something over FUNimation. Sentai would hire Bang/Zoom! to get the original cast back, whereas FUNi would get Patrick Seitz for Ragna but recast everyone else.
The American Average

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quote
i am really excited for this, glad to see this finally getting an anime. looks like a lot a good people are helping make this which is awesome.

with coming state side, i do hope as others have posted to get the original voice cast, so no, Funi mustn't get it =p.... or Aniplex....=p
KH91

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I hope if it comes out in english dub, that the games VA's reprise their roles. Please don't screw this up.
kanechin

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote
OH s***, just remebered Mela Lee voices Rachel. This needs to be dubbed and Funi better not touch it.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:21 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

I agree. This is one of the few times I actually want Sentai to license something over FUNimation. Sentai would hire Bang/Zoom! to get the original cast back, whereas FUNi would get Patrick Seitz for Ragna but recast everyone else.

LAURA BAILEY, TROY BAKER, CRISTINA VEE, AND GREG AYRES AS EVERYONE AHH GOOD GOD NO MAKE IT STOP!!!
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

LAURA BAILEY, TROY BAKER, CRISTINA VEE, AND GREG AYRES AS EVERYONE AHH GOOD GOD NO MAKE IT STOP!!!

On the subject of Laura Bailey, this is an adaptation of Calamity Trigger, which means that Platinum the Trinity won't be making an appearance. As far as I know, Troy Baker hasn't done anything for Funimation since the Tales of Vesperia prequel film; while they were willing to throw the fans a bone by having him and Sam Riegel reprise their original roles from the game, they still wound up replacing Raven, Rita, Estelle, and Alexei. Given Funimation's typical MO, Cristina Vee and the rest of the original cast (apart from the aforementioned Patrick Seitz, of course) will get shafted, which means that yes, something along the lines of Greg Ayres as Carl Clover could be a distinct possibility.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
greg ayers as carl clover

Oh god, no, no, no. And what's the deal with Hazama's english VA, is he gone for good? I liked him a lot...

Anyway, I hope they adapt the parts of the CT story that actually mattered. It certainly had a lot of nothing going on for the most part.
robtf

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:
Oh god, no, no, no. And what's the deal with Hazama's english VA, is he gone for good? I liked him a lot...

I'm assuming you mean Erik Davies, who did him in CT and CS1, and not Doug Erholtz, who did him CS Extend? (A lot of people wrongfully assumed Erholtz did him in CT and CS1)

Pretty sure Erik Davies is still around, they just weren't able to get him for Extend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2