• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Time of Eve Kickstarter Stretch Goal Includes Fan Book

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:59 am Reply with quote
Less than $10,000 to go, I hope this is met! The cover for the fan book is on the Kickstarter page (I'm suprised they didn't include this in the email), looks good!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 am Reply with quote
I hope so too! It's such a nice looking fanbook. Smile Plus, I read they're releasing more high-tier artwork! Very Happy
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:10 am Reply with quote
I would live the art work but I'm not sure I can justify spending another £250ish with all the other expenses this month Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:22 am Reply with quote
I've already increased my pledge in anticipation. I hope we reach the Fan Book stretch goal. It's going to be awesome Very Happy
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:04 am Reply with quote
Also
* additional sub languages, including non-English fansubs
* new BD illustrations and design

and from the previous update:
Quote:
We are focusing on the things that are available in Japan, and making them available to our fans overseas: the soundtrack, Pale Cocoon and Aquatic Language (aka Mizu no kotoba), the Official Fanbook, the manga, and the light novel. Some of these things involve big corporate entities, which takes time, and we might not get the response we're hoping for. The good news is that we are making progress on several fronts. We also need to touch base with the voice actors and other creative contributors to get their blessing. This also takes time.

Glad they got the fanbook. Really hope they can get the OST, Pale Cocoon, Mizu no Kotoba.

and new rewards later today:
Quote:
These are the ONLY original sketches by Yoshiura that exist for Time of EVE. This is it. After much deliberation, we've decided to offer them at $500 each for the character designs, and $500 for 2 sketches of the cafe interior (11 slots in total). We're attaching photos that Yoshiura took today of the drawings, and we will put the new tiers live on Tuesday 6/11 6PM Pacific Time.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Man talk about really throwing in some serious "booty". Well, glad that this is happening.
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:40 pm Reply with quote
This is amazing. The best $55 I'll spend this month. ::smile:: Yasuhiro Yoshiura's heart must have burst from his chest, when he saw the numbers within the first few days of the campaign's start.
zensunni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Makes me want to actually start organizing a light novel translation company to fund with kickstarter. Only problem is that I can't do the translation, so my contribution would be organizational only... Oh well, maybe somebody will do it some day...
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:48 am Reply with quote
Damn, the original concept sketches were out in no time. All the female characters, except for Chie were grabbed first, lol.

I think they may have miscalculated a bit. I feel they could have hit the stretch goal already. People want to pledge more, but there are no more higher tiers they can use, although it's possible to just give more without getting anything extra. It's unlimited at $55 and $100, then extremely limited, already taken tiers above that
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:51 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Damn, the original concept sketches were out in no time. All the female characters, except for Chie were grabbed first, lol.

I think they may have miscalculated a bit. I feel they could have hit the stretch goal already. People want to pledge more, but there are no more higher tiers they can use, although it's possible to just give more without getting anything extra. It's unlimited at $55 and $100, then extremely limited, already taken tiers above that

Which I am extremely happy about as I managed to grab Chie which I wanted from the $200 pledge but was too late on the scene (even if in the UK we were asleep when the update was posted).

All is right with the world again Cool
lem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
configspace wrote:

I think they may have miscalculated a bit. I feel they could have hit the stretch goal already. People want to pledge more...

Which I am extremely happy about as I managed to grab Chie which I wanted from the $200 pledge but was too late on the scene (even if in the UK we were asleep when the update was posted).

All is right with the world again Cool

Congratulations on your awesome score there TsunaReborn!. I missed my shot at that because of work. dang it.

I also think they miscalculated a bit. If they find a way to create some additional tiers I'll try for that too. I will also be more than happy to manage my pledge if on the final day I see that it may help any. As for what I've already pledged though, I feel like I'm getting one heck of a pretty good deal. So it's all good regardless.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, I am very surprised that I managed to get any, especially the one I wanted (I think it was the only one left) as we are I think 8-10 hours ahead so I was fast asleep when they went up.

I agree that there should be more opportunities for people to gain more for pledging more. Maybe photo copies of the origin script (as the originals have been pledged). I am still holding out for the sound track - even though it's realistically to late.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1