• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hajime no Ippo's 3rd Season Titled 'Rising'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadaraSaynora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quote
That really amazing , spoiler[I can't wait to see Ippo vs Shimabukrou]
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:35 am Reply with quote
Better bring back Tsuneo Imahori for the music. As much as I like Yoshihisa Hirano for classical/traditional orchestra stuff, his score sucked for New Challenger. I also hope they get a damn good replacement for Kenji Ustumi's Coach Kamogawa (may he rest in peace).
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quote
It'd be nice to see the first season license rescued (Discotek maybe?) and the second season licensed.

Really hoping we season 3 on Chruchyroll.
leokiko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:01 am Reply with quote
Is it still Madhouse?
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:47 am Reply with quote
That's good and all but when will the special and 2nd season get dubbed?
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:33 am Reply with quote
lol Ippo rising? cant help but think of hannibal lecter
sayan12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I hope this runs for a long time. There's enough material. Hopefully there's enough budget and viewership.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:07 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
That's good and all but when will the special and 2nd season get dubbed?

Probably never. Unfortunately, the Geneon release of the first series didn't do well at all. I think most American companies are wary of releasing sports titles in general.

I would also love to see Crunchyroll pick up seasons 2 and 3.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, sports anime are a lost cause unless they're tangentially related and most of the focus is on slice of life, like Taisho Yakyuu Musume.
Taishi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Better bring back Tsuneo Imahori for the music. As much as I like Yoshihisa Hirano for classical/traditional orchestra stuff, his score sucked for New Challenger. I also hope they get a damn good replacement for Kenji Ustumi's Coach Kamogawa (may he rest in peace).

I second this notion. New Challenger's music was so bad that it was just as bad as the new voice over for Kumi. This brings me to my next point. They already messed up with Kumi. If they mess up with Kamogawa, I may just boycott this series. I've already boycotted Genshiken Niidame because they have basically replaced all of the main cast....especially Madarame.
kitoudark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:08 am Reply with quote
Taishi wrote:

I second this notion. New Challenger's music was so bad that it was just as bad as the new voice over for Kumi. This brings me to my next point. They already messed up with Kumi. If they mess up with Kamogawa, I may just boycott this series. I've already boycotted Genshiken Niidame because they have basically replaced all of the main cast....especially Madarame.

The music for New Challanger certainly wasn't as good as the original and the new Kumi voice wasn't preferred but boycott? Kamogawa is a integral part of the show and ippos training/drive. It seems like they would take special care to make sure they could find a second best to fill the role since Kenji Ustumi will always be the real voice of Kamogawa. Boycotting a show because they cast a voice actor you don't like seems like some silly Internet way of dealing with stuff. If you're a fan of the show, you will support it in whatever medium it comes across as even if its not your favorite.
Ippofan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I registered just to post because I'm so excited that another series is coming.

I hate reading mangas, but since I loved the series so much and the TV series left me wanting more, I had no choice. As a fan it's sad that Kamogawa's voice will be different, but in the end I'm just so happy they have enough fans to warrant another season. I love the voices, American and Japanese. When I read the manga's I actually hear the American voice cast. In the end I'm a fan of the story most of all. To say you wont watch because of the lack of a voice whom they have no choice but to replace is just ....

As far as the music, I remember when I first heard the opening theme song and thought OMG this show is going to suck. Luckily, looking past my own stupidity, watching episode after episode I just craved the opening theme, it was perfect.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1