• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Outlaw Star, More

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:44 pm Reply with quote
So yeah I'd say that FUNi just won Otakon pretty definitively wouldn't you?

Definitely gonna get Bebop on Blu-ray as will every anime fan in America. Will also get Escaflowne and Outlaw Star, and may get My-HiME if it gets a release on Blu-ray.

Yup, FUNi gets Code Geass, Bebop and a crap load of other A-list Sunrise titles? No question that they won here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
ESCAFLOWNE. If Funimation gives us blurays, my money is theirs. Hopefully Mai Hime gets the bluray treatment as well. Good on Funi, they had some great announcements today.

The Mai Otomes make me raise an eyebrow... is Funimation truely planning on dubbing all these recent sub only titles? Because they sure arent shy about licensing them all the sudden.

My only complaint is... Eureka 7, Eureka 7, where art thou? I'd like to buy that before I get AO.
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop on Blu-ray?

Yes please.
xScar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:

My only complaint is... Eureka 7, Eureka 7, where art thou? I'd like to buy that before I get AO.

Bones stuff still is missing. Waiting for Wolf's Rain too. I hope FUNi manages to get them both.

Fully excited for Bebop BDs. Although they aren't perfect, they're such a step of from Bandai's DVD release. Hope Outlaw Star sees BDs too.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:

The Mai Otomes make me raise an eyebrow... is Funimation truely planning on dubbing all these recent sub only titles? Because they sure arent shy about licensing them all the sudden.

My-Otome 0~Sifr was the only title not dubbed. And that was most likely because it was barebones and had only one (I think) returning character.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
TAKE MY MONEY FUNIMATION FOR ESCAFLOWNE! Really, really hoping that BD happens. I'm more excited about that than anything else that was announced.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Woot for FUNi nabbing Cowboy Bebop. I may not be as big a fan of it as most others are, but there's no denying it's a great show and well deserving of it's place in the fandom. Did they get the movie too though? I was always more into it than I was the show, for some reason.

Woot for Outlaw Star and the My-HiME stuff too. Definitely excited for those as I've always liked OS, and I've wanted to see the latter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Love Escaflowne. Awesome anime, with awesome art, character designs, music and story. For a time, it was even the most expensive TV anime.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully he Banner of the Stars III ova will get licensed and released wit the set. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy with my Bandai Disks.
TG72

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, FUNI from this thrilled Fairy Tail fan Cool

They've also got some very nice (though not surprising) rescues there. Still wondering what will happen with Haruhi--no way that just stays drifting forever
No Comment

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Hooray! Best anime news I've heard in a while. Cowboy Bebop is an instant buy for me. It hopefully will get and sure as hell deserves the Lain treatment. I'll double dip on Escaflowne and Outlaw Star if they're combo packs. I'm pretty sure I don't own anything else mentioned, so I can go crazy with those. I'll be in a good mood the rest of the day now.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Glad that I'll now be able to buy collections of My-Hime & My-Otome without trying to go through Bandai's "Is this one of a defective disc batch?" game.

Also about time Cowboy Bebop finally got that Blu-ray release out here. Also didn't see a mention of DVD release(possible DVD/BR combo?).

Hagaren Viper wrote:
The Mai Otomes make me raise an eyebrow... is Funimation truely planning on dubbing all these recent sub only titles?

Most of My-Otome is dubbed already. The only one that isn't is 0~S.ifr~ . But that was due to it being the final thing related to the series that Bandai released before they retired the series.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I didn't even see the Wolf Children release date at the bottom there. YES. Cannot wait. Need. Need right now. Why is it not November?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
battlechili1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! I've been interested in Escaflowne and Outlaw Star! Now I'll get to find out what they are like!
Marzan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Bebop is already available on BD in Europe (well the first half of the series anyway) so no great catch for me there, but reading that Escaflowne and the Seikai series is coming out too is great news. If they're on BD, I'm all in with those.

The Bebop license must have cost a bit more than average. Sunrise knows that those BD sets are going to sell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8