• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Golden Time Fall Anime's 1st Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:00 am Reply with quote
So this is the other series that JC Staff will be working on. Not too sure what to think of that promo yet. I follow the manga so I wonder how this will be adapted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
I'm not too familiar with the manga, but I really liked the art style that was used to make that trailer. For that matter I really loved the art in the poster below in the article. Do you think that I should have a look at it? Sometimes art styles are actually a make or break sort of thing for me.
zensunni

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote
I am soooo looking forward to this show! I love the light novels so far and the manga is OK, but I don't like that they left out the beginning of the light novels and took so long to introduce spoiler[Banri's "ghost"] That is what makes his character unique, in my opinion. Without it, he is just another milquetoast amnesiac.

spoiler[The existence of the ghost and the attitude that Banri has about not wanting to regain his memories, as that would nullify the Banri that is living in the present, make him a very different character. From all appearances, the Banri in college is a very different person from the Banri in high school who lost his memories.]
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Zensunni, since you seem to have some knowledge on it, do you think I should wait for this anime to come out before I have too much time invested in the manga? You seem to have suggested that this anime is going to be a shade better than the manga was anyway.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
What I find interesting is that a light novel series where the main characters are all college students has been turned into an anime series. Normally, light novels and manga featuring older characters are (in my opinion!) are normally turned into a live-action TV series in Japan.
vashna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Well there certainly are anime series based around the lives of older characters, but from my experience most of them are based in some form of a fantasy or science fiction sort of situation. This series is obviously a lot different, and I'm guessing that's what you're getting at.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1