Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass 2nd Season, Film's Announcement Trailer Streamed




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ginsan



Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 211
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:10 pm Reply with quote
What trailer was that suppose to be? Isn't that for the first season?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phia_one



Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 1415
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Ginsan wrote:
What trailer was that suppose to be? Isn't that for the first season?


The article clearly states
Quote:
The trailer features various quotes from the first season from Kana Hanazawa as her character Akane Tsunemori. The trailer ends by announcing that the new TV series and film will be "completely new works," and states that "SIByL still continues..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fletcher1991



Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Posts: 514
Location: Long Island, NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
What does completely new works mean? Like unrelated to the first season?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11564
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
What does completely new works mean? Like unrelated to the first season?


Entirely new material with original content, likely a continuation of season 1 with Sybil system continuing...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
daichi383



Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Posts: 313
Location: England
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh the memories. Damn i can't wait for the new material. Love this show and the music in the trailer was awesome. I need to pick up the complete music collection one of these days. I only have the CD that came with one of the earlier BD volumes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wrangler



Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Posts: 1297
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
What does completely new works mean? Like unrelated to the first season?


From the vibe, it sounds like same universe but maybe like a side story. Or many years after the original story. Something going happen with Japan's population reduced to prisoners of all-knowing brain trust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sarofski



Joined: 06 Jun 2009
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:
What does completely new works mean? Like unrelated to the first season?


Entirely new material with original content, likely a continuation of season 1 with Sybil system continuing...


So we're not gonna see the characters from the 1st season?!!!!
If that's the case, it's really dumb, since the 1st season is clearly open-ended and deserves a continuation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DangerMouse



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 3758
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait, loved the hell out of the show (now first season).

Really looking forward to re-watching it dubbed when Funi eventually gets it out.

In my opinion, it should definitely be in the running for a Toonami airing when those guys are looking at new shows to pick up.

sarofski wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:
What does completely new works mean? Like unrelated to the first season?


Entirely new material with original content, likely a continuation of season 1 with Sybil system continuing...


So we're not gonna see the characters from the 1st season?!!!!
If that's the case, it's really dumb, since the 1st season is clearly open-ended and deserves a continuation.


Hmmm, I'm not sure but I think they're just specifying both projects will be all-new, so they are not doing a compilation movie for the film, since those are pretty common, and therefore both the upcoming film and ofcourse the second season will be all new content.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Faiga_Raisa



Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Posts: 283
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
Can't wait, loved the hell out of the show (now first season).

Really looking forward to re-watching it dubbed when Funi eventually gets it out.

In my opinion, it should definitely be in the running for a Toonami airing when those guys are looking at new shows to pick up.

sarofski wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:
What does completely new works mean? Like unrelated to the first season?


Entirely new material with original content, likely a continuation of season 1 with Sybil system continuing...


So we're not gonna see the characters from the 1st season?!!!!
If that's the case, it's really dumb, since the 1st season is clearly open-ended and deserves a continuation.


Hmmm, I'm not sure but I think they're just specifying both projects will be all-new, so they are not doing a compilation movie for the film, since those are pretty common, and therefore both the upcoming film and ofcourse the second season will be all new content.


When the fiasco at AX happened they said it would have a lot of focus on Kougami's past. IDK if they plant to continue sticking with it or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sven Viking



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 663
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're just saying it's not a compilation film. It would be especially easy to misunderstand otherwise, considering that the trailer is just clips from the first season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DangerMouse



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 3758
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:50 am Reply with quote
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
DangerMouse wrote:
Can't wait, loved the hell out of the show (now first season).

Really looking forward to re-watching it dubbed when Funi eventually gets it out.

In my opinion, it should definitely be in the running for a Toonami airing when those guys are looking at new shows to pick up.

sarofski wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:
What does completely new works mean? Like unrelated to the first season?


Entirely new material with original content, likely a continuation of season 1 with Sybil system continuing...


So we're not gonna see the characters from the 1st season?!!!!
If that's the case, it's really dumb, since the 1st season is clearly open-ended and deserves a continuation.


Hmmm, I'm not sure but I think they're just specifying both projects will be all-new, so they are not doing a compilation movie for the film, since those are pretty common, and therefore both the upcoming film and ofcourse the second season will be all new content.


When the fiasco at AX happened they said it would have a lot of focus on Kougami's past. IDK if they plant to continue sticking with it or not.


Oh, interesting, it'd be nice to learn more. I think that would make for a cool part of whatever story they do. I could see it being nice to cut into more about his past in between or tied into new current events.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group