• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hellsing Ultimate Volume 2 Details

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Production Artbook now that's what I am talking about, I am not much into figures so the first volume was a little tough to swallow the price.....but I am so preordering this from Rightstuf, when there's a Geneon sale.

Once again then, no 5.1 Audio for the Japanese voice track on the standard edition, but at least it's 5.1 (for both tracks) on Limited Edition. Also I really like those steel cases, so I am glad that Geneon is going to be sticking with those.

Last edited by Deltakiral on Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
jj41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Man, that release date was pushed back really far.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Does that mean that they don't have the Best Buy disc that has the steel case thats $25?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Does that mean that they don't have the Best Buy disc that has the steel case thats $25?

Who knows, I mean I don't think anyone knew about the $25 LE (No figure) until the Sunday before when it was in the Sunday Ad, I am sure there are people who are hoping for that, I mean volume one I would of bought that had I not already purchased it, but with volume two I really want that Artbook.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, an artbook? Now I'm kinda tempted by the full LE edition. I was happy when I found the LE edition of vol 1 w/out the figure, but I may spring for the whole thing for #2.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, an artbook? Now I'm kinda tempted by the full LE edition. I was happy when I found the LE edition of vol 1 w/out the figure, but I may spring for the whole thing for #2.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:53 am Reply with quote
I love the Geneon tins since you can see the titles on the spines unlike Bandai's tins that are blank. The staff interviews on the first volume were fun. You get the sense that the staff and cast really enjoyed working on the project. It is much easier for me to spend $50 on a special 2 DVD tin edition with an artwork than $25 for just a 46 minute standard edition. The standard edition seems so expensive for what you get.
EVA fiend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote
A production artbook? Awesome, I'm sold. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop I didn't bother with the LE version of volume one, as I thought the statue/figure relief thing of Alucard looked ugly (& I'd have nowhere to put it anyway). An artbook is definately more to my liking. Anime smile
Heretic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I had a feeling they were going to solicit a Limited Edition DVD for volume 2 which is why I didn't bother to preorder the standard edition. My guess was right and my patience has paid off. I hope they give LE releases across the board with the series if only for the tin cases.
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:05 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Production Artbook now that's what I am talking about, I am not much into figures so the first volume was a little tough to swallow the price
I hear you. I LOVE artbooks and the figure that came with the first volume, I just gave that away. My otaku friends were more than happy to take it off of my hands.

Deltakiral wrote:
but at least it's 5.1 (for both tracks) on Limited Edition. Also I really like those steel cases, so I am glad that Geneon is going to be sticking with those.
Yeah, those LE cases are pretty darn sexy. I wish that all LE's were done like Geneon's are. Of course, the addition of 5.1 for both tracks makes it all worthwhile.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quote
BuffaloStyle wrote:
Yeah, those LE cases are pretty darn sexy. I wish that all LE's were done like Geneon's are. Of course, the addition of 5.1 for both tracks makes it all worthwhile.

I too wish that more companies did the steel case for their Limited Edition, but I also like Funimation LE treatment as well. Specifically for series like Speed Grapher, Trinity Blood, and Basilisk where the slipcase and the other cover has different artwork on them, I don't understand putting a slipcase on something only to have the same art underneath it Rolling Eyes.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:

I too wish that more companies did the steel case for their Limited Edition, but I also like Funimation LE treatment as well. Specifically for series like Speed Grapher, Trinity Blood, and Basilisk where the slipcase and the other cover has different artwork on them, I don't understand putting a slipcase on something only to have the same art underneath it Rolling Eyes.

Basilisk has the same artwork under the slipcase. The nice thing about Basilisk is that the covers have a texture on it. I agree that I like the image to be different since it probably doesn't cost any more to use a different piece. I like how Speed Grapher's covers utilize one style and the "under slipcase" covers have a different look. The spine art for Trinity is gorgeous, and I love when DVDs and books do the connecting artwork. Funimation also has been flipping the artwork on the Solty Rei releases under the slipcase. Once again a technique that doesn't cost more.

Overall I like the look of the tins, but find them inconvenient (see above post) when the titles are not listed on the spines. I'm glad that the book is included since I tend to through away many of the trinkets that are counted as bonuses especially those cheap Gashapon sized toys. Seriously, did anyone keep the blood pack that came with the first Hellsing tv volume? I'm just glad it didn't break during shipping.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
Basilisk has the same artwork under the slipcase. The nice thing about Basilisk is that the covers have a texture on it.

Oops Razz, I though that they were different, but yeah your right I do like the texture feeling of those covers. Also that Wooden Box for Basilisk......damn do I love the smell of that thing when I open it up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1