• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - March 17th - March 23rd

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I have my own "Spell of Sorrow"; I call it gin.

Pure gold.

But...I feel bad about your stolen DS. I'm sure you feel worse, but I want to know how it got stolen, if you wouldn't mind saying.

There's no way to transition stolen DS to Naruto, so anyway...Tonight's episode of Naruto was freaking awesome, and the newly added subtitles in the opening seriously stunned and excited me to the utmost.

And, I feel sorry for the Canadians who won't be getting Bleach for a while now, while we get a new opening and closing tonight!
Canuckian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quote
The Click-Circa March 3rd wrote:
Confound those Canuckians for getting new Bleach episodes before us! I eagerly and maliciously anticipate a situation similar to what happened with Naruto; wherein YTV had a slight lead on US viewers, until a ridiculous amount of marathons on Cartoon Network's part put them a half-dozen episodes ahead. You might think, given the other nutty claims made on The Click over the past year, that I'm kidding, but I'm not. I actually anticipate this. I am a sad, sad man

Cha, YTV granted your wish Laughing However for me it's: Crying or Very sad
But aparently J.B. has a feeling that New Episodes will air Next Month.

And Josh, we've had that new opening & ending like two weeks ago dude, it was alright.
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
HURRAY FOR UVERWORLD!!!

there WAS a new 'Riders today, dang, missed it.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Mr. Anobe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm...from what I heard that YTV might go into repeats for Eureka Seven as well this Friday (March 23rd). Courtesy of Jesse...and the forum outcry. Confused Mad
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:21 am Reply with quote
Deleted this heinous crap.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:41 am Reply with quote
Bryan, you don't need to be so apologetic about the Beck thing. We understand. Very Happy

Mr. Anobe wrote:
Hmmm...from what I heard that YTV might go into repeats for Eureka Seven as well this Friday (March 23rd). Courtesy of Jesse...and the forum outcry. Confused Mad

Unfortunately, yes, it looks like reruns start this coming Friday. Since it's been well-established in the past that breaking a series up halfway through its run is NEVER a good idea, I suggest anyone who wants new E7 episodes to contact YTV about this and get them to continue running new episodes ASAP.

I pray that this doesn't mean they didn't license the second half of the series... that wouldn't be a good sign at all...
RezSav

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:07 am Reply with quote
Blargh! I missed last nights episode of Eureka Seven, after catching up on the last 4 episodes that morning, too Sad AS needs to put it on earlier.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:50 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
It was an awesome episode of Naruto, wasn't it? Makes me feel sad that they're eventually going to get to the much dreaded fillers. I wonder if they'll risk sinking Naruto's popularity by showing them.

I've never seen the fillers, since I only watch the Cartoon Network airings and buy the uncut DVDs, but I've thought about what CN will do when they reach the start of the fillers. I think the best course of action would be to continue showing the filler episodes straight through on Naruto. However, at the same time the fillers start, start showing the Naruto Shippuden episodes. There would be two episodes a week, one of Naruto and one of Shippuden.

I assume the filler episodes of Naruto have no real bearing on the story as a whole, so I think it would work out fine. This way, the real story could continue in Shippuden, and we could also get through all of the Naruto fillers. Plus, it would bring us closer to the Japanese releases!

It's sort of like how Yu-Gi-Oh! GX started airing before Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters ended over here.

RezSav wrote:
Blargh! I missed last nights episode of Eureka Seven, after catching up on the last 4 episodes that morning, too Sad AS needs to put it on earlier.

Well, it got pushed back to 1 AM probably because of its low ratings. It's ending soon, though, so AS will probably drop it after that, or maybe continue with reruns at an even later time.
MasterYeshua

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Hey, this click guy really dislikes Naruto doesn't he? He said it's unpopular too. I thought Naruto was one of the most popular? Anyway, I have to thank Toonami for finally showing the true openings of Naruto. I do believe this is the first time this has ever happened. They usually make up their own openings or skip it all together.

Last edited by MasterYeshua on Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
MasterYeshua

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
It was an awesome episode of Naruto, wasn't it? Makes me feel sad that they're eventually going to get to the much dreaded fillers. I wonder if they'll risk sinking Naruto's popularity by showing them.

I've never seen the fillers, since I only watch the Cartoon Network airings and buy the uncut DVDs, but I've thought about what CN will do when they reach the start of the fillers. I think the best course of action would be to continue showing the filler episodes straight through on Naruto. However, at the same time the fillers start, start showing the Naruto Shippen episodes. There would be two episodes a week, one of Naruto and one of Shippuden.

I assume the filler episodes of Naruto have no real bearing on the story as a whole, so I think it would work out fine. This way, the real story could continue in Shippuden, and we could also get through all of the Naruto fillers. Plus, it would bring us closer to the Japanese releases!

It's sort of like how Yu-Gi-Oh! GX started airing before Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters ended over here.

RezSav wrote:

Well, it got pushed back to 1 AM probably because of its low ratings. It's ending soon, though, so AS will probably drop it after that, or maybe continue with reruns at an even later time.

Yeah right. You think these greedy suits are intelligent enough to do something like that? You forget this is a cartoon channel. The filler of Naruto is roughly the equivalent of a random cartoon. In other words, if they don't see a problem with airing brainless cartoons all day, why would they see the problem with airing Naruto filler?
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:50 pm Reply with quote
MasterYeshua wrote:
Hey, this click guy really dislikes Naruto doesn't he? He said it's unpopular too. I thought Naruto was one of the most popular?

No, I think it's a little thing called sarcasm, that's all.
RezSav

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
[Well, it got pushed back to 1 AM probably because of its low ratings. It's ending soon, though, so AS will probably drop it after that, or maybe continue with reruns at an even later time.

Exactly, they only have 4 more shows and then it's done, so why not push it up an extra hour for the people that do watch it?
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Rhetorical question or not, you're asking the wrong person. The show was getting low ratings, so like a cold business, they put it at a later timeslot.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I live in the UK and I want more anime!

(on TV)

on the other hand it isn't in the original language so I'd probably still complain.

So I want anime on UK TV on a channel available through NTL in Japanese with English subtitles...

crickets chirping

it's not gonna happen is it.

My cable is down at the moment so no Naruto and no Oban Star Racers, I'm a bit peeved, they did release Oban in France (a season set) but no English subs.

I can't wait to see Beck, looks great, also it's nice to see Gankutsuou on TV. I've been wondering what's happening with the DVD release of Blood+, does anyone have any news?
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2