• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruna Kawaguchi, Sōta Fukushi Star in Say, 'I Love You'. Live-Action Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Lead actress is a cutey
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I assume Sentai film will pick up the live-action film.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TnKtRk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Doubt it; have they picked up any of the live action movies/series of the anime they've licensed: Another, Space Brothers, Gatchaman, Hell Girl, You're Under Arrest, etc.
It be cool if they did... Very Happy
UkiyaSeed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Sota Fukushi is best known for his role as Kamen Rider Fourze while Tasuku Nagase is best known for his role as Kamen Rider Beast from Kamen Rider Wizard.

Funny, this is the second time Haruna Kawaguchi was paired with a Kamen Rider. His leading man in Ouran High was Kamen Rider Sasword in Kamen Rider Kabuto.
xBTAx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
ukiya_seed wrote:
Sota Fukushi is best known for his role as Kamen Rider Fourze while Tasuku Nagase is best known for his role as Kamen Rider Beast from Kamen Rider Wizard.

Funny, this is the second time Haruna Kawaguchi was paired with a Kamen Rider. His leading man in Ouran High was Kamen Rider Sasword in Kamen Rider Kabuto.

I was about to say this myself, but it seems you beat me to it! I was surprised to see those shows mentioned for Fukushi rather than Fourze, which really started his career (as is common for lead Rider actors).
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
TnKtRk wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Doubt it; have they picked up any of the live action movies/series of the anime they've licensed: Another, Space Brothers, Gatchaman, Hell Girl, You're Under Arrest, etc.
It be cool if they did... Very Happy

Well Funimation could pick up the live action Say, I love you movie, or Crunchyroll. Hell, Dramafever even started picked up Korean film, so it would be cool Dramafever could pick up this movie. Speaking of drama, I would love this manga to get a drama TV series. If Japan ever make it into a J-drama, there is a slim chance it could get pick up for US since J-dramas are hard to license outside of Japan (it get worse if any future J-drama adaptation feature someone from Johnny's Entertainment).

However, I would love to see a K-drama adaptation of the manga (I mean why not, we've seen Itazura Na Kiss, Boys over flowers, and Hana Kimi getting K-drama adaptation) if Japan won't make a J-drama version of it (or if the future J-drama nor the upcoming film can't be license outside of Japan). I can see Eunji of Apink fitting in as Mei Tachibana. I think L of Infinite could fit as Yamato Kurosawa for the Korean adaptation.

Last edited by mdo7 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I believe Section23 has switchblade pictures, which is their live action licensing division, just like Giant Ape is Group Media 1200s, or what ever they are called now, live action licensing arm
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I believe Section23 has switchblade pictures, which is their live action licensing division, just like Giant Ape is Group Media 1200s, or what ever they are called now, live action licensing arm

Yeah I forgot about Switchblade Picture, thanks for mentioning that. I forgot about that area Sentai/Section23 has to pick up live-action.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
ukiya_seed wrote:
Sota Fukushi is best known for his role as Kamen Rider Fourze
Huh, I first saw him as "the boring one" in Shima Shima, but he didn't stand out to me 'til he was the male lead in last summer's Starman ~Kono Hoshi no Koi, which was really cute. Then he seemed to start popping up all over the place (Umi no Ue no Shinryojo, Misaki Number One!!, the Library Wars live action movie (which is FANTASTIC btw). Last year seemed to be break-out year for him (at least for projects other than tokusetsu series).
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
ukiya_seed wrote:
Sota Fukushi is best known for his role as Kamen Rider Fourze
Huh, I first saw him as "the boring one" in Shima Shima, but he didn't stand out to me 'til he was the male lead in last summer's Starman ~Kono Hoshi no Koi, which was really cute. Then he seemed to start popping up all over the place (Umi no Ue no Shinryojo, Misaki Number One!!, the Library Wars live action movie (which is FANTASTIC btw). Last year seemed to be break-out year for him (at least for projects other than tokusetsu series).

He was also in Ama-chan, he played Kōichi Taneichi (Aki's Senior in high school). So yeah he is a rising star in Japan.
UkiyaSeed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:14 am Reply with quote
Guess Fukushi will soon join the ranks of Jun Kaname, Hiro Mizushima, Takeru Satoh, Koji Seto and Renn Kiriyama, actors who made it big after they are done playing the superhero.

(Still waiting for Takeru Satoh's agency to give him the permission to reprise his role as Kamen Rider Den-O in a movie or something.)
xBTAx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:36 am Reply with quote
ukiya_seed wrote:
Guess Fukushi will soon join the ranks of Jun Kaname, Hiro Mizushima, Takeru Satoh, Koji Seto and Renn Kiriyama, actors who made it big after they are done playing the superhero.

(Still waiting for Takeru Satoh's agency to give him the permission to reprise his role as Kamen Rider Den-O in a movie or something.)

I'll admit that I haven't watched any of post-show Den-O yet, so I may be wrong, but isn't he played by a different actor in Decade onwards anyway? So as much as I liked Satoh, he probably wouldn't be coming back even if he wasn't as popular as he is.

And is Kiriyama really that popular? I know he's been in things since W, but compared to Masaki Suda he continues to make a ton of appearances in Rider movies and games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1