• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Offers Maoyu – Archenemy & Hero on Home Video

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:35 am Reply with quote
Well someone got this but it mite not be worth getting if it isnt dubbed
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote
pleasant suprise. I think I'll be getting this
Levitz9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
Eee~! It's good to know that this show is getting dubbed. It ends very disappointingly, but I enjoyed it through and through. The title is a little awkward, though. I wonder, wouldn't "Demon Lord" have been better? "Archenemy" is a bit of a mouthful.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:45 am Reply with quote
One of my favorite winter titles with an interesting premise and wonderful characters. Shame the last two episodes bombed. Meh, still good.

Hopefully, this'll influence someone to bring over the manga as well. And from that extension, the light novels.
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:47 am Reply with quote
I don't see any info about the release, like blu-ray/dvd and dub/sub. Or this stated elsewhere?
gedata

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:47 am Reply with quote
Archenemy? What?

Anyway, this show was just a poorly adapted debacle for the most part so I can't say I'm interested in picking this up.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
Eee~! It's good to know that this show is getting dubbed...

I can't see where in the article, or on the Sentai page, it says it will get dubbed, so can you provide your source? As far I recall, doesn't Sentai release most shows sub-only?
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote
sentai both release sub and dub anime, it depends on the anime, but there is no telling which show they will dub unless stated by themeselves or as soon as the anime is released in the home market,

unlike funimation which is a garuntte than any anime they release will have a dub
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Yes. So they gonna call her Demon Queen.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
As far I recall, doesn't Sentai release most shows sub-only?

Not recently. They started out doing nothing but sub-only, then for a long period of time they were putting out the majority of their stuff bilingual.

Now, they've sorta of reached a 50/50 balance ever since they started experimenting with sub-only blurays. They also have a tendency to go back and re-release a lot of their sub-only shows with a dub, depending on the title.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Wow, was just thinking about this yesterday. Surprised that it would get picked up.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
...unlike funimation which is a garuntte than any anime they release will have a dub

That has always been the case with Funimation...
...up until they decided to put OniAi out on the market as a subtitled-only show.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
While I initially had high hopes for this series, especially with the VAs for the two leads, it turned out to be... less than good. It's likely that I wouldn't even have bought this if it was a NISA release Shocked.

The music of the show was good though, and it had the VA talent to back it up, but it just wasn't enough to carry the many poor aspects of the show.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:41 pm Reply with quote
demon ruler would have been better than demon queen, since it's suposed to be gender neutral ; not that it's a big spoiler sicne it happens right at the beginning anyway.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
While I initially had high hopes for this series, especially with the VAs for the two leads, it turned out to be... less than good. It's likely that I wouldn't even have bought this if it was a NISA release Shocked.

The music of the show was good though, and it had the VA talent to back it up, but it just wasn't enough to carry the many poor aspects of the show.

Yeah i can understand that quite well, altough this series is still good and it brought many interesting political aspects that were really put out well, mayby it is the gap of information that didint quite reach its fullest potential, because compared to the LN the anime skipped quite a lot of material that could have made this series better.

Mamare the author who wrote this series is a genius when it comes to real world mechanics and how politics and the human mind work.

His new Work Log horizon also has a similar theme and basic concepts of politics and human ingenuity, If anything this series probably helped to shape him become a better writer, so i am looking forward to seeing more of Mamare's story writing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3