• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, April 7-13

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jave

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Not sure who's smart idea it was to release Titanfall and Super Robot Wars on the same day. But I guess they target different audiences to make it a non issue maybe?
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Vita does it again.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Jave wrote:
Not sure who's smart idea it was to release Titanfall and Super Robot Wars on the same day. But I guess they target different audiences to make it a non issue maybe?

Both are mech games, one targets Japan while the other targets Western countries. Japan is about the only country in the world where a game like Super Robot Wars would vastly outsell a blockbuster like Titanfall.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:42 am Reply with quote
As I sit here playing my SRW Z3, which I made sure to order at crazy Japan prices, I am happy to know I am one of those 140,000. Titanfall isn't even on my radar of things to get. While it may have robots in it, it is not about what makes the genre great. The SRW franchise time and again writes a love letter to a longstanding pillar of our culture. For me it was no competition at all. Plus I simply don't play as many multiplayer games as I used to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1