• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 4 U2 PS3 Game's Yukari Character Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
Why is Yukari dressed like a Super Sentai reject? To avoid panty-shots with her original outfit?
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Story-wise, she works part-time as a sentai actress for stage shows. She got called into work during her work.

I don't know why the designer decided that route but I don't mind. Yukari fan all the way.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm still playing "Persona 3" (after the part where spoiler[Shinjiro died]) and I won't play "Arena" until I do so, so I didn't know.

Also, why are they calling it "Persona 4" when it uses P3 characters? Why not use the characters from the first two games and make it "Dissidia: Persona?" I know the first two games haven't aged well, but mediocrity of the game the character was from didn't stop SE from putting Lightning in "Duodecim."
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Well, I'm still playing "Persona 3" (after the part where spoiler[Shinjiro died]) and I won't play "Arena" until I do so, so I didn't know.

Also, why are they calling it "Persona 4" when it uses P3 characters? Why not use the characters from the first two games and make it "Dissidia: Persona?" I know the first two games haven't aged well, but mediocrity of the game the character was from didn't stop SE from putting Lightning in "Duodecim."

The first game in the Arena series takes place in Yaso Inaba, and features the P4 characters as main, with the P3 characters just being cameos. I think there were only 5 main Persona 3 characters that made cameos (Aegis, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Fuuka, Elizabeth). The story of the first game mainly focuses on the P4 characters.

Also, unfortunately, since P4 is more recent and got a TV anime, the otaku kiddies in Japan are more focused on that. And it's a shame. since I find P3 to be superior (I played P4 first).

Also also, about Yukari... Since it's 2 years in the future from P3, Yukari wouldn't be wearing her outfit from P3, since it was her high school uniform. The Featherman thing may be to connect the worlds of P3 and P4, since they both feature Featherman.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1