• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sekai Project Licenses Le Fruit de la Grisaia, Planetarian Visual Novels

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh snap. This is interesting news. Also, can't wait to see Le Fruit de la Grisaia for Fall!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:29 pm Reply with quote
your telling me we actually got a key/visual art's licensed in the west??? I know that Planetarian isn't a really long visual novel, however it is one vn and anime fans should read it at least once. Well let's hope that more key/visual art vn's can be licensed in the future. I'm also going to keep an eye on Le Fruit de la Grisaia, it looks fairly promising.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
they announced Grisaia will not be the 18+ PC version.Let's remind that "If My Heart Had Wings" All-Ages localization was a mess because that game doesn't have an All-Ages console port,and thus,the localization simply got the 18+ version and removed the 18+ content without re-working the scenes and dialogue properly,I won't support Sekai Project's release if they do the same thing.However,Grisaia does have All-Ages ports on PSP and Vita.If Sekai Project is going to localize those All-Ages ports,then I will be getting it day 1
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
they announced Grisaia will not be the 18+ PC version.Let's remind that "If My Heart Had Wings" All-Ages localization was a mess because that game doesn't have an All-Ages console port,and thus,the localization simply got the 18+ version and removed the 18+ content without re-working the scenes and dialogue properly,I won't support Sekai Project's release if they do the same thing.However,Grisaia does have All-Ages ports on PSP and Vita.If Sekai Project is going to localize those All-Ages ports,then I will be getting it day 1
I'd rather they just localize all versions, include the 18+ ones. Havnt played this game, but a lot 18+ versions at least give people the option to disable the 18+ parts. Options are great
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Oh snap. This is interesting news. Also, can't wait to see Le Fruit de la Grisaia for Fall!

Dude, Grisaia has been subbed for a while now. They're going to rip the subs and twist few things around. The subs are very excellent, too.

Go play it now. It's really good.

While I'm on it, I hope they licensed the next two sequels for Grisaia because those are not subbed yet.
Kyofu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
acetatsujin wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Dude, Grisaia has been subbed for a while now. They're going to rip the subs and twist few things around. The subs are very excellent, too.

Go play it now. It's really good.

While I'm on it, I hope they licensed the next two sequels for Grisaia because those are not subbed yet.

They're talking about the anime.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote
The fact that a Key game got localized gives me high hopes for the Angel Beats visual novel getting localized when it gets released. Would be awesome if someone got the All-Ages version of Muv-Luv too.
grooven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Really happy to hear about Planetarian being released over here! We can only hope this is a sign for other KEY works to follow Smile
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Very cool. Planeterian will be well-worth buying for a 3rd time (assuming Sekai Project does a physical release with it).
MCAL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
All signs point so far to this NOT being a repeat of Moenovel.
nhat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Surprise there's no anime adaptation of planetarian yet...
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
Really wish they would just give us the full 18+ version of Grisaia and then make an optional one with H-scenes removed. However, I wonder if sekaiproject will also remove the nude scenes.

Frontwing's gallery page features a non-adult event CG gallery and a separate H-CG gallery. This pic was in the non-adult gallery.
GiriOni

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:02 am Reply with quote
MCAL wrote:
johnnysasaki wrote:
All signs point so far to this NOT being a repeat of Moenovel.

Having already read World End Economica, Sekai Project has actual translators while Moenovel has a machine edit with poor grammar. So definitely an improvement. Can't wait for this to come out!
shiranehito

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:01 am Reply with quote
Officially localized Key VN? Can I hope a lot from this one? Is it okay for me to hope Key to give their other VNs to be officially localized?
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:11 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Officially localized Key VN? Can I hope a lot from this one? Is it okay for me to hope Key to give their other VNs to be officially localized?

Sure, but after Key itself did Planetarian in English for iOS, there was hope they themselves would continue with some of their other titles in English. Licensing out the PC version to a third party seems like a step back, frankly.

Still, maybe if this does well, we can finally get the holy trinity of Air, Kanon, and Clannad? A decade late and a dollar short, but VN fans in the West have to be happy for anything we get, I suppose.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2