• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Whitelisting ANN for various browser security add-ons

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:15 am Reply with quote
I've started using firefox security add-ons like AdBlock Plus and Ghostery and I'd like to know if there are any suggestions in properly whitelisting ANN for them so that you still get whatever metrics and ad revenue you need.

For AB+ I have it disabled on ANN and there's a rule in there for disabling on ANN, but I have left other rules enabled.

For Ghostery, I have all trackers completely blocked, all cookies in the Advertising category blocked, and all cookies in the Beacon category blocked. I left cookies in the analysis and widgets categories enabled.

I still see some ads on ANN, namely the ad skins, and the top banners (e.g. TRSI ads, Funi ads), which is good. However, I don't see the ads in the middle of the page and at the bottom anymore. It seems like these are the third party ads?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Try whitelisting 4nn.cx

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1