• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Working!! Manga to End With 13th Volume in December

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julliant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote
Still praying for the rest of the story to be adapted to anime.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote
So unless we get an anime in Autumn, that pretty much means we'll never get a 3rd season.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
Julliant wrote:
Still praying for the rest of the story to be adapted to anime.
I have nothing to add. I completely agree. Working!! is one of my favorite anime of it's type to this day. It's all in the characters.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
So unless we get an anime in Autumn, that pretty much means we'll never get a 3rd season.

You never really know tbh. Nowadays whatever happens in the industry concerning licensing, green-lit adaptions, etc. seems to be turning out to be pretty unpredictable (see Yen On, Sekai Project, Crunchyroll Manga, Shana season III, Love Lab and Nichijou that didn't get an anime till years later, Last Exile getting a sequel quite sometime after it's first series, Level E getting an anime, Zero no Tsukaima season F, etc.).

If an third season does get green-lit, then hopefully it'll be a 2-cour titled Wagnaria"!!/Working"!!.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
Student no.0 wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

You never really know tbh. Nowadays whatever happens in the industry concerning licensing, green-lit adaptions, etc. seems to be turning out to be pretty unpredictable (see Yen On, Sekai Project, Crunchyroll Manga, Shana season III, Love Lab and Nichijou that didn't get an anime till years later, Last Exile getting a sequel quite sometime after it's first series, Level E getting an anime, Zero no Tsukaima season F, etc.).

If an third season does get green-lit, then hopefully it'll be a 2-cour titled Wagnaria"!!/Working"!!.

You do know, finished manga very rarely get anime adaptation sequels if the run in late nigth tv slots.

So I advice that nobody gets his hopes up, it won't happen. I also really do not see what Love Lab and Nichijou have to do with this, those aren't sequels. I have a hard time thinking of late-nigth tv anime that got sequels after the LN/Manga was finished.
Last exile also sold something like 7k+ p/volume, so it getting a sequel was no surprise

Last edited by Rederoin on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:45 am Reply with quote
I liked this series for what it is, and while I'm not holding my breath for a third season I will miss it.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
It would be nice to see another series. They were always silly fun.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:

You do know, finished manga very rarely get anime adaptation sequels if the run in late nigth tv slots.

Well, you are totally right that you can have some insight to it (sadly The Severing Crime Edge is unlikely to ever get an anime continuation due to how severely bad sales were AFAIC).

Quote:
I also really do not see what Love Lab and Nichijou have to do with this, those aren't sequels. I have a hard time thinking of late-nigth tv anime that got sequels after the LN/Manga was finished.

I mentioned My Ordinary Life and Love Lab (especially Level E) because they were examples of comics that got anime adaptions some 6-7 years later, even longer for Level E, as opposed to the usual 2-3 years from my perspective. And you are right, it's best not to get you're hopes too high (heck due to how poorly 4-komas in general due in the West you can hardly expect Yen Press to pick it up in a snap anytime in the near future), but it's not like the possibility can be completely excluded for consideration when S2 didn't seem to sell poorly either when you look at BD/DVD sales at time (assuming disc sales are a major factor for a anime project's later future) IMO. Personally the most I'm expecting in the future from Wagnaria is NISA RE-releasing S1 for Blu-ray(and optimistically in a box-set similar to their Toradora release since those Premium box sets are just too freaking huge for my shelf) if anything at all.
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Student no.0 wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

And Durarara!! is getting a new season next year after a whopping 5 year gap. I don't exactly know how much hope I'd give for this show to get a proper anime ending, but I'd definitely give it a little.
teferi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Student no.0 wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

So I advice that nobody gets his hopes up, it won't happen. I also really do not see what Love Lab and Nichijou have to do with this, those aren't sequels. I have a hard time thinking of late-nigth tv anime that got sequels after the LN/Manga was finished.
Last exile also sold something like 7k+ p/volume, so it getting a sequel was no surprise

So did working season 2? Still won't get a third season, but it was plenty successful.

Quote:
IMO. Personally the most I'm expecting in the future from Wagnaria is NISA RE-releasing S1 for Blu-ray(and optimistically in a box-set similar to their Toradora release since those Premium box sets are just too freaking huge for my shelf) if anything at all.

I can't imagine that BD would be worth double dipping on this sort of series.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy for it. It had a good run and I have hope for a 3rd season. Exclamation
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:41 am Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:

And Durarara!! is getting a new season next year after a whopping 5 year gap. I don't exactly know how much hope I'd give for this show to get a proper anime ending, but I'd definitely give it a little.

Durarara is still an ongoing series so it really doesn't relate. The gap between seasons of Durarara is probably more related to how long the LN sales rode the anime sales bump, i.e. they put out a new Anime to pump up LN sales again.

And yeah .. I would say that with this announcement there is almost zero chance of another season.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Everyone here was wrong apparenty, season 3 was announced.

http://www.moetron.com/2014/08/10/working-3rd-season-announced/
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Everyone here was wrong apparenty, season 3 was announced.

http://www.moetron.com/2014/08/10/working-3rd-season-announced/

For the record I was not wrong and you beat me to the punch. HYPE HYPE HYPE. All we need now is Haruhi 3.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1