• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daisuki versus Daisuki

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tamaria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
The info on Daisuki (the streaming site) and Daisuki (the German shojo magazine) seem to have been mixed up:

company#3235

Links that are supposed to go to the Daisuki (the streaming site) go to the page of the magazine instead:

Madoka entry
Recent news article
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote
Hmm, this raised an old question: should we add magazines outside Japan and USA? Confused Either that, or we'd need a method to split companies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm coming across this now after I tried to add Daisuki as "Internet Streaming" for the first series of Aikatsu. It seems the entries for the companies were split at some point:

Daisuki (German)
Daisuki (Japanese)

However, is there any way to even add credits to the latter normally? I got no indication of the two different companies when inputting, and the credit ended up being added to the German company.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, Yeah, even if you try to add an anime from Daisuke (Japanese)'s encyclopedia page, it ends up in the German one.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Can they be added on the Daisuki page, instead of the anime's page? Like how you can add cast and crew from either the anime page or the person page?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
Well, there are two problems.
1) the entry form automatically treats anything in brackets as a precision.
2) even if you manually correct it back to "Daisuki (Japanese)" that doesn't actually exist since the "Japanese" is not a part of the company name but a disambiguation, and it looks like the code for selecting a disambiguated entry only currently works for people, not companies.

Quote:
This company doesn't exist in the database and will be added
Are you sure this is not a company that is already in our database: Daisuki, Daisuki

--

Dessa wrote:
Can they be added on the Daisuki page, instead of the anime's page? Like how you can add cast and crew from either the anime page or the person page?

It does seem possible:
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/addinfo.php?infotype_id=-8&company_id=12341

[edit]

But dangit, it doesn't actually work - it reverts back to the German one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
Ooooh, what a mess... it's a result of the ability to split companies that I added in April 2013. I'm pretty sure at the time I made a forum post to say "beware of bugs" but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, I fixed that issue; you can now enter "Daisuki (Japanese)" in the box.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Can I request a radio button to select the right company when there is a disambiguation, as there is for people? Currently you have to manually add the precision to the company name on the confirmation page every time (if you try to include it on the initial entry page, it is treated as a precision).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1