• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Oda Nobunaga Voted Best Soccer Coach to Lead Japan to Victory

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I just want to point out that, unless your idea of "bishonen" is "middle-aged man with funny mustache and pointy eyebrows", Nobunaga is not really a bishonen in Sengoku Basara. (Edit: Nor Sengoku Musou)

Also, the photograph you have is not Shokokuji temple. In fact, I'm almost sure it's Shimogamo shrine in Kyoto.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I just want to point out that, unless your idea of "bishonen" is "middle-aged man with funny mustache and pointy eyebrows", Nobunaga is not really a bishonen in Sengoku Basara.

Also, the photograph you have is not Shokokuji temple. In fact, I'm almost sure it's Shimogamo shrine in Kyoto.

Also, while Sengoku Musou's is certainly looks more pretty than Basara's one, he also hardly can be considered a bishounen

I think "those, who came from the video games" are better way to describe these two.

As for the topic itself... well, pretty cool, I guess. Although I think that Taira no Kiyomori and Minamoto no Yoritsune would be a better coaches than Yukimura or Masamune Smile

Last edited by KutovoiAnton on Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I just want to point out that, unless your idea of "bishonen" is "middle-aged man with funny mustache and pointy eyebrows", Nobunaga is not really a bishonen in Sengoku Basara. (Edit: Nor Sengoku Musou)

The picture isn't of Nobunaga playing kickball. I thought that was obvious from the fact that it's a high-definition photograph.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:

The picture isn't of Nobunaga playing kickball. I thought that was obvious from the fact that it's a high-definition photograph.

And I never said it was? But the text above the picture talks about the practice of kemari in Shokokuji temple only to be followed by a picture of Shimogamo shrine
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:30 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
octopodpie wrote:

And I never said it was? But the text above the picture talks about the practice of kemari in Shokokuji temple only to be followed by a picture of Shimogamo shrine

Yes. Because we wanted a picture to illustrate kemari, and used a photo of the traditional New Years game that takes place at the shrine in Kyoto, because it's a re-enactment of that time period, with the clothing.

There was no intent to imply that I, or anyone else thought, the Kyoto Shrine was the same shrine Nobunaga played kickball at when he was alive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Reread the article, my bad, I misread the part about Shokokuji being the place were Nobunaga played, I thought it said it was still being played there. No need to get so defensive over a small comment, gee.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I don't consider my responses "defensive" but I'm not going to derail the topic further now that the issue is resolved.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure that Oda Nobunaga would make a great soccer coach. From what little I do know about the guy,he'd probably execute the entire team if they lost. That's Uday Hussein did to the Iraqi national team when they lost.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Japan are masochist?
Laughing
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
After watching the portrayal of Nobunaga in Hyouge Mono I wonder whether he would choose a flashy "Portugeuse" style for their uniforms in keeping with outfits like this or this.

If Sen no Rikyu were the coach, the team would all be dressed in black with a hint of imperfection somewhere in the materials.

I find it amusing that Toyotomi and Tokugawa are running neck-and-neck behind Oda.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1