• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Manga Mini-Series Launches After Main Series Ends

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobob101

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote
Of course this won't just end and disappear. That is like saying after Star Wars, they would never make an expanded universe. I am so unsurprised by this and will consider investing my time once I see the actual ending.
yappers4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
If a creator wants to do more with his creation, then let them do so. When a creator creates something and if it goes on for a long time, it is like their child. Ending something and not doing anything else with it is like killing the child.

Believe it or not (pun is also intended Laughing ), Naruto is a part of culture now. To simply end something and not do anything else with it...with the short attention span most people have nowadays, it is feasible that the creator do not want it to fade from culture. So for those who are complaining about its side continuation, there is always the option of not reading it and move on to something else?

Sorry if I am a bit too passionate right now. Just got done with my English classes today and when I enter the mode of creativity, writing, and humanities, I become a passionate blaze.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote
I'll remain cautiously optimistic. The main issue I had with late Naruto was the pacing being so dragged out. So the fact this story has a planned beginning, middle and end in three volumes makes me think it could be a nice conclusive farewell to Naruto. (I guess it's the story of Naruto as a father that Kishimoto said he was considering?)
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:03 pm Reply with quote
So the new series starts after the anime ends, well, should end.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Seeing as the end of the series was for lack of a better word - absolute garbage, I have zero hope for this nonsense.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I do not mind spin-offs. Those are completely fine. But so help me, if he does do an actual sequel I will freaking LOSE IT. The series is DONE, it has finally limped to the finish line after nearly ten years of audiences collectively wondering what the heck Kishimoto was smoking when some of the most bizarre and contrived plot points kept cropping up and if the guy knew what actual planning was.

Looking back on the series, all I can really say it there was potential. And that made it frustrating because he picked the least interesting way to do things or just the plain bad way. I knew there was an interesting story in there, but he just kept making it stupider and stupider; making it more complicated, but not any more resonant or interesting. If anything a lot of those twists he put in just made things worse as they kept opening up TONS of plot holes and inconsistencies.

Anyway, the series is done now. I stopped being mad at it years ago and just became apathetic. And that's why I'm so disappointed in this; I WANTED to keep liking this series. And Kishimoto just kept screwing it up. With this ending and Bleach on its way out, I'm not sure WHAT SJ is going to do for another big hit. Though with pretty much all their series post-DBZ days going downhill in one way or another I think there are some issues they need to work out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
I do not mind spin-offs. Those are completely fine. But so help me, if he does do an actual sequel I will freaking LOSE IT. The series is DONE, it has finally limped to the finish line after nearly ten years of audiences collectively wondering what the heck Kishimoto was smoking when some of the most bizarre and contrived plot points kept cropping up and if the guy knew what actual planning was.

Looking back on the series, all I can really say it there was potential. And that made it frustrating because he picked the least interesting way to do things or just the plain bad way. I knew there was an interesting story in there, but he just kept making it stupider and stupider; making it more complicated, but not any more resonant or interesting. If anything a lot of those twists he put in just made things worse as they kept opening up TONS of plot holes and inconsistencies.

Anyway, the series is done now. I stopped being mad at it years ago and just became apathetic. And that's why I'm so disappointed in this; I WANTED to keep liking this series. And Kishimoto just kept screwing it up. With this ending and Bleach on its way out, I'm not sure WHAT SJ is going to do for another big hit. Though with pretty much all their series post-DBZ days going downhill in one way or another I think there are some issues they need to work out.

one piece is as popular as ever and with shokugeki no soma and ass class getting a anime adaptation soon I can't see how things can go downhill that much.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind mini series/spinoffs but I'm not excited about this. Usually, they aren't very serious in nature in comparison with their original story and lacks focus. I'll probably give the first few chapters a try but not hyped about this.

Looking forward to the movie more than this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
me_barron

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
There can be only one... and that one is apparently referring to One Piece. Who would have thunk it Razz Anyway, Naruto as a papa. Don't know how to feel about this (because that kid in the silhouette is so obviously gonna be his kid). Interested in who the mama is, though. Bet it's Sasuke. I mean, there are a lot of war orphans looking for a good home (obviously haven't read the manga, but don't think they're going to pull an "everyone lives and thos killed are resurrected" BS ending... again).
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
With this ending and Bleach on its way out, I'm not sure WHAT SJ is going to do for another big hit. Though with pretty much all their series post-DBZ days going downhill in one way or another I think there are some issues they need to work out.

Haikyuu!! & Assassination Classroom are currently selling more than Bleach & ranking better in the magazine and both have the potential to keep growing (especially AssClass which hasn't even had its anime released yet). SJ lost more with Kuroko ending than they will when Bleach ends.

Losing Naruto will definitely be a pretty big blow for them though as it's one of the few series that sells close to or above a million for each volume.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Is Kishimoto writing the miniseries, or will it be delegated to someone else like the spin off novels? The novels have a lot of potential, considering that the anime only Kakashi gaiden had the best Naruto eps in a long time.
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:54 pm Reply with quote
damn Kishi just let it die already, this series has become a complete joke.
DLH112

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Is Kishimoto writing the miniseries, or will it be delegated to someone else like the spin off novels? The novels have a lot of potential, considering that the anime only Kakashi gaiden had the best Naruto eps in a long time.

maybe i'm misinterpretting what you said... but kakashi gaiden was not anime only. it was in the manga before the shipuuden time skip.
DLH112

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

maybe i'm misinterpretting what you said... but kakashi gaiden was not anime only. it was in the manga before the shipuuden time skip.
meeedoooz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:16 pm Reply with quote
the series is a joke ? i can understand if you say that to you it isn't what it once was, but declaring it a joke is in fact identifying yourself as a troll Laughing

this site is awesome " even though i get most of my news elsewhere, but its troll infested forum is disgusting

Last edited by meeedoooz on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4