• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled's 3rd Episode Previewed in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:49 am Reply with quote
Ooh nice. So after the delay, we finally have a release date soon. I hope we get a speedy BD release as well. The PV looks alright and I hope the movie answers some questions left off from the second film.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jroa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 am Reply with quote
Concerning the translated transcript...Jun Fukuyama's character should be properly listed as Julius Kingsley rather than Lelouch.

Sure, they are probably the same person with "Julius" simply being a false name, but that's who is formally listed on the official Akito website and anime credits, including the ones at the end of this new trailer.

For whatever reason, he didn't call himself "Lelouch" in the 2nd episode and I imagine that won't happen in the 3rd one either.

Beyond that observation, I'm looking forward to seeing how this all develops. Lots of exciting developments seem to be finally coming up.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:43 am Reply with quote
jroa wrote:
Concerning the translated transcript...Jun Fukuyama's character should be properly listed as Julius Kingsley rather than Lelouch.

Sure, they are probably the same person with "Julius" simply being a false name, but that's who is formally listed on the official Akito website and anime credits, including the ones at the end of this new trailer.

For whatever reason, he didn't call himself "Lelouch" in the 2nd episode and I imagine that won't happen in the 3rd one either.

Beyond that observation, I'm looking forward to seeing how this all develops. Lots of exciting developments seem to be finally coming up.

well it is possible he might do that for this ep considering that his father gave him a false memory. i would have to guess he made him a pawn ambassador for this OVA , CC restored his memories but then get recaptured and given new false memories which of course lead to the events of R2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Well cant wait to watch it but it would help if Funi released the first 2 before May
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Cool. Been waiting for it for a while to see more from Layla/Leila and her group, enjoyed the first two and their action and it did look to be getting pretty exciting.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Animation looks sharp. An "as expected from Sunrise" would fit here.
fuff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quote
im confused are these events after the orginal code geass second season? i mean so lelouch didn't die?!
Desunaito

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
fuff wrote:
im confused are these events after the orginal code geass second season? i mean so lelouch didn't die?!

the whole akito spin off is based inbetween season 1 and 2, lelouch got his memory wiped and his geass eye "sealed" after being captured by suzaku at the end of season 1
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Desunaito wrote:

the whole akito spin off is based inbetween season 1 and 2, lelouch got his memory wiped and his geass eye "sealed" after being captured by suzaku at the end of season 1

which is supposed to have taken place six months after the failure of the black rebellion. though from the looks of this OVA his memory have to have been wiped twice and i have a nasty feeling that akito would have something to do with him getting his memory back briefly before suzaku stop it.

fuff wrote:

also unfortunately there have been a lot of confusion of that ending cause of the apparent survival of him where it showed him smiling after CC spoke. which have been posted by youtube users.

personally i think their fake made by fans who didn't like the ending, though there are fans from japan that state that ending scene is a clip from the zero requiem complication movies and since it was never released in the US, it would make sense.

and people claim that he also survived in the manga as well but unfortunately bandai ent went six feet under before they could release the final vol. so unless the author say something official, i would go by the R2 ending and say that he kicked the bucket.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mirri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:53 pm Reply with quote
It's my understanding that that scene aired in the TV version and was removed for the home video release because of a change of heart on the part of production to keep things more vague. I don't have a solid source on the "why" but I'm quite sure that is how things were.
animefanworried

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote
That "ending" is a fake made by fans and further fueled by lies by those who've seen it and refuse to believe their favorite character is dead. The interview with the creators said they didn't think the ending was sad because Lelouch got to create a better world as he wished, not because he didn't die. They said they intended to have him die at the end from the start. I saw the compilation movie Zero Requiem Special Edition, there is no evidence Lelouch is alive, they don't even show the cart scene in that one; heck, there's narration at the end specifically talking about "The death of a young man not being a tragedy..." Haven't seen the manga, but its an alternate retelling that alters several elements (Including no mecha) so is pretty non-canonical anyway.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:04 am Reply with quote
Nice to see more news on this. The first two episodes were very entertaining. I still don't really understand the plot though. So Akito is part of the "W-O", which was created by the E.U. to fight the invading Britannians. Layla is a former Britannian who came over to the E.U.'s side. The "Wyvern" unit consists of Japanese/Area Elevens who are forced into battling on the European warfront? Supposedly there was an ally unit left on the warfront, and the survival chance was 5%, and only survivor of the operation was Akito. Then in episode 2 there were three rebels who were added into the team, and why was the team sent into the middle of enemy territory?
jroa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:08 am Reply with quote
Mirri wrote:

It's my understanding that that scene aired in the TV version and was removed for the home video release because of a change of heart on the part of production to keep things more vague. I don't have a solid source on the "why" but I'm quite sure that is how things were.

Unfortunately, that's completely wrong due to taking false rumors as the truth.

No, the whole scene on Youtube is a cheap fake with signs of tampering. It's not on the TV version, not on the home video release, not on any compilation. None of the Japanese fans will ever talk about that scene because it simply doesn't exist.

The question is already vague enough and open to itnerpertation without needing people to believe whatever pathetic video edit any random troll can upload to Youtube.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1