• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Adds Durarara!! Novels, Strike the Blood, Black Bullet, Rust Blaster Manga

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Day 1 buy for Durarara for sure. Haven't watched the series yet,but I was really interested in reading the LN's. Hopefully it does well enough that we get Baccano eventually.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Best news I've heard in a long time! Durarara is a great license, but I'm really excited about Black Bullet, because I love that series, and its unlikely it will ever get a season 2.

Will definitely buy Black Bullet, and maybe Durarara as well!
Via_01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Awwww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

Gonna buy those Durarara novels for sure. And probably Black Bullet's. I kinda liked the show, and I heard the pacing is a lot better on the novels.

EDIT: Oh, it's the Black Bullet manga. Still, good. Probably gonna buy.

Last edited by Via_01 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
RestLessone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I know people have wanted Durarara novels for awhile (along with Baccano) so this is good news to them! Maybe the Baccano novels and that one manga series will follow suit.

I guess YP is really dipping into those Kirara Magica manga. There are tons to choose from.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I don't have much expectations for Tamura and Revenge, but I'm buying them just because Homura.
Tayjan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Interested in picking up DRRR. Really dissapointed with the amount of Puella Magi releases though. Just too many. I know it's successful but there are just too many when there are so many more interesting manga out there that they could put effort into bringing to the west.

Also dissapointed that Horimiya wasn't included after the recent leaks but I suppose that's my fault for believing the leaks and getting hyped. It clearly wasn't yet meant to be.
lys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Via_01 wrote:
EDIT: Oh, it's the Black Bullet manga. Still, good. Probably gonna buy.

Yen has both the novels and the manga.

(also, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay DRRR!! :D)
KuroTheDigger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Just a reply to Via_01. Yen Press picked up BOTH the light novel & manga for black bullet. (same with strike the blood & they already have the DRRR!! manga)

Personally ill be going for the light novel of all of the as the manga adaptations usually pale in comparison imo.
Ampharos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Always glad to see more LNs getting picked up.
WikiSonic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
These are all Dengeki Bunko titles and they didn't get Mahouka? Wonder if they'll still get that sometime.

Doesn't matter, though, because I'll still buy or at least try out all of these light novels. Yen Press is killing it, and is also killing my wallet. I have more than 10 series to buy now. May have to start being a bit choosy...
Bored_Ming

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yen Press announced the Durarara!!, Black Bullet, and Strike the Blood light novels for its Yen On imprint.

Does anyone know if there will be digital/Nook releases for these from Yen? I assume no since the article mentions only imprint. I just wish more Yen manga and light novels were available digitally.
lys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
KuroTheDigger wrote:
Just a reply to Via_01. Yen Press picked up BOTH the light novel & manga for black bullet. (same with strike the blood & they already have the DRRR!! manga)

Personally ill be going for the light novel of all of the as the manga adaptations usually pale in comparison imo.

If you(/any fans of the series or those curious about it) haven't already read it, I strongly recommend the DRRR!! manga. The first three arcs, drawn by Akiyo Satorigi, are excellent and a lot of fun: the artwork is expressive and dynamic without being confusing, and the characterization is delightful. I am looking forward to getting the expanded story in the novels, but the manga was my introduction to the series and I fell in love with it.

Bored_Ming wrote:
Quote:
Yen Press announced the Durarara!!, Black Bullet, and Strike the Blood light novels for its Yen On imprint.

Does anyone know if there will be digital/Nook releases for these from Yen? I assume no since the article mentions only imprint. I just wish more Yen manga and light novels were available digitally.

From a twitter reply: DRRR, Strike the Blood, and Black Bullet light novels will all receive digital releases in North America and the UK.
Lovely

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I will just say what I said on my Twitter today when I heard the news:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

(side note- SO happy about it's getting a digital release too. Viva la Kindle! )

(side note 2- Also, I too hope this means we'll get the Baccano novels one day too <3 . *loves both series*
Ah, and what the hell, Vamp! someday too! Though I think the rights to that actually belong to somone else. )
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:09 pm Reply with quote
That is totally NOT what Lovely said (well, not all of it). She neglected to include the "gktsurafihpfjbjぎgdじおdrついいおっwqwp!!!!dつきs7790sdf!!!" part as well.

As for me, I'm probably more excited about Black Bullet and Strike the Blood than Drrr, but I'll read all 3. Rust Blaster seems like it could be interesting, too, and it's only one volume, so not bad.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Would be far more interested in the Baccano! LNs than Durarara!!, but I guess that's just never happening, is it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4