• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Contents of Naruto Epilogue Novels Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:42 am Reply with quote
Kakashi's part is probably the most I'm curious given his new position. Not sure about the others but I am also curious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mathias2001

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:30 am Reply with quote
I am most interested in the Akatsuki Hiden, I feel like we will get some sort of amazing plot twist and I am quite interested

Gaara Hiden is my second most awaited one. He is my favorite character and it would be very entertaining to see a love story with him as a focus

My third most awaited is the Konohagakure one, I really want to know more about what happened with everybody, we got a little grance but that was all

The fourth for me has to be the Kakashi Hiden, him being the hogake definitely has to do something with it. I feel like this too will be quite interesting

Shikamaru Hiden will probably the most enjoyable for me but I don'T think I am excited for it as much as the others but it does have a premise that is interesting.

Last and least is Sakura. I don't hate her, I am okay with her just that hers seems like the less interesting in all of them
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:38 am Reply with quote
Most looking forward to the Sakura novel which will definitely spoiler[go into detail her romantic relationship with Sasuke.] Very excited. Is it July yet? Smile
yappers4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:57 am Reply with quote
I'm more interested in Kakashi, the Akatsuki, and Konoha. More importantly, I'm curious to what happened to Orochimaru and Sasuke's team (the Taka). They just disappeared either after almost everyone was under the moon's illusion.
Drunk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:38 am Reply with quote
I'm wondering if they will animate these novels...the people working on the anime did say that the show "will continue". Maybe after the anime has catched up to the end of the manga they will adapt the novels.
vladthetransilvanian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote
The Akatsuki one has me most hyped. I think Revolution(I only saw the cutscenes on youtube) had an "OVA" about the circumstances of each member joining, but it was full of contradictions to what was said in the manga(e.g. Kakuzu had several partners before hidan, which he killed in fits of rage). I'm definitly going to look forward to it.

Kakashi's and Shikamaru's have me equally pumped. On one hand spoiler[I want to see what Kakashi can do without the sharingan after having it for so long], while the Shikamaru one has me sold on the sole fact that I'm a sucker for strategy heavy battles.

Gaara's, I think, will be a nice read. My guess(based on Gaara's personality) is that it will be more on the light-hearted comedy/heartwarming side.

The Konoha one has me really curious, as well probably see how they all hooked up and such(also, maybe this? http://uchi-zu-maki.tumblr.com/post/101925734652/datiek-the-konoha-13-are-all-out-to-eat)

The Sakura one has me mildly interested, mostly as i'm a former Sasusaku shipper(gave up on them after the Kage summit arc where Sasuke spoiler[tried to kill her...TWICE]). Regardless, it should be an interesting read.

On a side note, I hope we'll one day finally get a Sasuke spin-off about his travels.

Drunk wrote:
I'm wondering if they will animate these novels...the people working on the anime did say that the show "will continue". Maybe after the anime has catched up to the end of the manga they will adapt the novels.

That sounds like an actually good idea, but they should make them as separate series, or, at least, not in the same episode count as the current one. Given Naruto's popularity, it would be a wise decision.
SasuSaku14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:49 am Reply with quote
The one I'm most looking forward to is Sakura's. She's been my favorite character since I started watching/reading Naruto, so I want to know more~

That said, I'm not overly or under excited about the others (minus Kakashi. I'm excited about that one), so, I'll want to know what's in each of them, but I won't go out of my way to find out.

mewpudding101 wrote:
Most looking forward to the Sakura novel which will definitely spoiler[go into detail her romantic relationship with Sasuke.] Very excited. Is it July yet? Smile

Ahh, yay, I'm not the only one looking forward to that. Very Happy SasuSaku is my favorite ship in the whole series; I must know what happened with them after he left (and quite obviously came back).

I do understand why people would stop shipping it after he tried to kill her, but to be fair she was gunning for him first, so...
I could never stop shipping them, even after that. <3
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:41 am Reply with quote
I can't imagine actually reading a Naruto novel, I'd settle for a summary, but they'll probably get manga and perhaps even anime adaptations down the line.

Most interested in Shikamaru's, he was always my favorite and spoiler[I love Shikamaru/Temari, so hopefully it will have an adventure with both of them!]. Gaara's sounds like it'll be sweet and funny. Not sure about Kakashi, I like the character, but it'll suck to see him all depressed spoiler[in his new role as Hokage]. Never cared very much about the Akatsuki spoiler[aren't they all dead now?] The rest of the Konoha ninja--it could be good, I guess spoiler[curious about how Sai and Ino ended up married, there's a story there] and Sakura---ugh, talk about disappointing character developments spoiler[and being obsessed with losers. He tried to kill her! Seriously!]

Wow, I didn't realize how much I still care about Naruto & Pals! Laughing
SasuSaku14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:53 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I can't imagine actually reading a Naruto novel, I'd settle for a summary, but they'll probably get manga and perhaps even anime adaptations down the line.

Most interested in Shikamaru's, he was always my favorite and spoiler[I love Shikamaru/Temari, so hopefully it will have an adventure with both of them!]. Gaara's sounds like it'll be sweet and funny. Not sure about Kakashi, I like the character, but it'll suck to see him all depressed spoiler[in his new role as Hokage]. Never cared very much about the Akatsuki spoiler[aren't they all dead now?] The rest of the Konoha ninja--it could be good, I guess spoiler[curious about how Sai and Ino ended up married, there's a story there] and Sakura---ugh, talk about disappointing character developments spoiler[and being obsessed with losers. He tried to kill her! Seriously!]

OK, I've seen this a LOT regarding spoiler[Sakura marrying Sasuke in the end], and how on EARTH is that bad development? She's loved him from the start, spoiler[he finally returned her feelings, her dream came true (just like *gasp* EVERYONE ELSE'S).]
This doesn't make sense to me. How did her character fail just because she spoiler[got together with Sasuke?
I saw them getting together from the start. I'm PROUD of her character and the ending she got.]

spoiler[And I swear, if this has anything to do with Kishimoto using NaruSaku was a red herring to trick people and you being mad simply because she didn't get with Naruto, that is not a real reason. At all.]
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I won't be surprised if those LNs will be animated towards the end of the Shippuuden anime as "special episodes"
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:10 pm Reply with quote
SasuSaku14 wrote:
Agent355 wrote:

OK, I've seen this a LOT regarding spoiler[Sakura marrying Sasuke in the end], and how on EARTH is that bad development? She's loved him from the start, spoiler[he finally returned her feelings, her dream came true (just like *gasp* EVERYONE ELSE'S).]
This doesn't make sense to me. How did her character fail just because she spoiler[got together with Sasuke?
I saw them getting together from the start. I'm PROUD of her character and the ending she got.]

spoiler[And I swear, if this has anything to do with Kishimoto using NaruSaku was a red herring to trick people and you being mad simply because she didn't get with Naruto, that is not a real reason. At all.]

It's not about Kishi using Naruto/Sasuke as a red herring, it's the fact that the pairing of Sasuke and Sakura makes absolutely no sense, and is stupid and one big contradiction. From the very get go, Sasuke found Sakura annoying and tried to kill her not once, not twice but three times(if you count the genjutsu). Not only is it illogical but it teaches people a very bad lesson in regards to relationships, in addition to furthering damaging both characters. Also in regards to Sasuke, I really don't want him to be featured in the Sakura's novel because he's already had way too much f**king screen time as is, if anything Sakura's novel needs to focus on her parents or maybe her training wih Tsunade, anything but Sasuke
SasuSaku14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Lelouch Vi wrote:

It's not about Kishi using Naruto/Sasuke as a red herring, it's the fact that the pairing of Sasuke and Sakura makes absolutely no sense, and is stupid and one big contradiction. From the very get go, Sasuke found Sakura annoying and tried to kill her not once, not twice but three times(if you count the genjutsu). Not only is it illogical but it teaches people a very bad lesson in regards to relationships, in addition to furthering damaging both characters. Also in regards to Sasuke, I really don't want him to be featured in the Sakura's novel because he's already had way too much f**king screen time as is, if anything Sakura's novel needs to focus on her parents or maybe her training wih Tsunade, anything but Sasuke

FINALLY, someone who isn't blaming Kishimoto's use of a red herring, thank you for that.

First, we've already seen that, in regards to Sasuke's feelings for Sakura, he thought EVERY girl was annoying when they were twelve. He wasn't interested in anything but revenge at that point, so, I'm not addressing that any further.

Second, the Genjutsu was to keep her from interfering with the fight. That has been proven (Sasuke wanted no interruptions from either Sakura or Kakashi). Once again, in regards to the Land of Iron incident, Sakura was gunning for Sasuke first. Of course he would retaliate in order to protect himself.

Third, I do not understand the "abuse!!11" argument. If you use it for SasuSaku, you have to use it for EVERY SINGLE SHIP in the series. They're ninjas, what else do you expect from them?? I don't think it teaches people a bad lesson in relationships because, SERIOUSLY, if you're looking to a SHONEN MANGA for relationship advice and the like, you're gonna have a bad time in the real world when it comes to relationships.

Finally, SasuSaku, along with NaruHina, were decided a very long time ago by Kishimoto to be the final pairings. He's said that in recent interviews. There's nothing illogical about Sakura loving one man and Sasuke returning her feelings; it was obvious from the start that they were going to be together.

{Please avoid Excessive Quoting in your posts from now on. Thank you. ~ Psycho 101}
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
SasuSaku14 wrote:

FINALLY, someone who isn't blaming Kishimoto's use of a red herring, thank you for that.

First, we've already seen that, in regards to Sasuke's feelings for Sakura, he thought EVERY girl was annoying when they were twelve. He wasn't interested in anything but revenge at that point, so, I'm not addressing that any further.

Second, the Genjutsu was to keep her from interfering with the fight. That has been proven (Sasuke wanted no interruptions from either Sakura or Kakashi). Once again, in regards to the Land of Iron incident, Sakura was gunning for Sasuke first. Of course he would retaliate in order to protect himself.

Third, I do not understand the "abuse!!11" argument. If you use it for SasuSaku, you have to use it for EVERY SINGLE SHIP in the series. They're ninjas, what else do you expect from them?? I don't think it teaches people a bad lesson in relationships because, SERIOUSLY, if you're looking to a SHONEN MANGA for relationship advice and the like, you're gonna have a bad time in the real world when it comes to relationships.

Finally, SasuSaku, along with NaruHina, were decided a very long time ago by Kishimoto to be the final pairings. He's said that in recent interviews. There's nothing illogical about Sakura loving one man and Sasuke returning her feelings; it was obvious from the start that they were going to be together.

It really made no difference if she was gunning for him first, he still didn't hesitates to try and kill her, I mean if you want to bring that argument into play then look at Karin, she did more for Sasuke than Sakura ever did, even saved his life a few times and loved him too, not as long as Sakura but I doubt any less and he didn't hesitate to stab through her either. In regards to him being 12, that argument while somewhat valid, isn't entirely the reason he found girls annoying, he may have found all the others annoying because they were all fawning over him but he found Sakura the most annoying because not only did she not understand anything, but that comment she made about Naruto not having feelings really solidified it.

Secondly in regards to the "It's a shonen manga" argument, in most shonen manga the Naruto character would have ended up with his crush meaning Sakura and no you can't use that argument for every single relationship in the series because if you look at them TemariXShikamaru we know for a fact those two had been spending a long time together SaixIno at first glance, seems like a random pairing but when you think about it, Ino had loved Sasuke for a long time too, but it was super obvious they weren't going to end up together so the next best thing is the guy who was basically introduced as a lesser version of Sasuke, Choji and that girl I don't remember seeing I can't really comment on, since again I honestly don't remember that girl appearing, but do you know the HUGE differences between them and SasukexSakura? The fact that, with the exception of the ChojixKarui relationship not only are all of them logical and had some sort of progress(minus Ino and Sai, but that can be easily explained as off screen since Sai disappeared for quite some time) but none of them have the negative theme that SasuxSaku have. The negative theme being that, no matter how much someone rejects you or no matter how many times that person keeps trying to kill you, if you just keep chasing that person no matter what, you'll get them in the end. Let me just reiterate how bad this damages both characters.

Third, f where are these recent interviews stating this stuff? Furthermore if Sasuke and Sakura's relationship truly had been decided long ago, why didn't he take the time to show it on panel, it's not like he didn't have the time because if he had truly planned it out, he would have made time for it, like he did with Naruto and Hinata though even that was limited. No there's nothing illogical about Sakura loving one man and the Sasuke eventually returning her feelings, had it been as simple as that, there wouldn't be so many people complaining about it, what makes it illogical, as I stated above is the fact that he tried to not only kill her twice, but he even told Naruto "I'm not interested in her at all" So why would Kishi have him do all of this stuff to her but then stick the two of them together, it makes no sense at all.

{Please avoid Excessive Quoting from now on in your posts. Thank you. ~ Psycho 101}
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
spoiler[and being obsessed with losers. He tried to kill her! Seriously!]

Yes and she tried to do the same to him.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
Furthermore if Sasuke and Sakura's relationship truly had been decided long ago, why didn't he take the time to show it on panel,

I'm assuming because Kishimoto at some point decided to focus on Naruto & Sasuke's individual conflicts in the story that took up a lot of screenttime and decided that Sakura was the third wheel. Not helping matters was the fact that Kishimoto strong suit isn't writing romantic relationships.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
out, he would have made time for it, like he did with Naruto and Hinata though even that was limited.

And had to actually be fully resolved by a movie which jumps back in time to before the manga's epilogue to show how Naruto and Hinata actually wound up being married in the first place so even that wasn't properly planned out.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
No there's nothing illogical about Sakura loving one man and the Sasuke eventually returning her feelings, had it been as simple as that, there wouldn't be so many people complaining about it,

I don't think everyone's complaining it for the same reasons, I know people have taken exception toi it for at least two reasons. One being that it gives Sasuke a happy ending many felt was undeserved. And two tying in to people's displeasure with NarutoXHinata eventhough NarutoXSakura had been sunk all the way back near the end of part 1 and was basically kept dead kept dead with during the Kage Summit.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
but he even told Naruto "I'm not interested in her at all" So why would Kishi have him do all of this stuff to her but then stick the two of them together, it makes no sense at all.

It makes sense if you look at it from the same perspective as Naruto & Sasuke's relationship which share some similarities with Sasuke & Sakura. Well minus Naruto ever trying to actively kill Sasuke and Sasuke putting Sakura in a hospital.
SasuSaku14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:33 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Agent355 wrote:
spoiler[and being obsessed with losers. He tried to kill her! Seriously!]

Yes and she tried to do the same to him.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
Furthermore if Sasuke and Sakura's relationship truly had been decided long ago, why didn't he take the time to show it on panel,

I'm assuming because Kishimoto at some point decided to focus on Naruto & Sasuke's individual conflicts in the story that took up a lot of screenttime and decided that Sakura was the third wheel. Not helping matters was the fact that Kishimoto strong suit isn't writing romantic relationships.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
out, he would have made time for it, like he did with Naruto and Hinata though even that was limited.

And had to actually be fully resolved by a movie which jumps back in time to before the manga's epilogue to show how Naruto and Hinata actually wound up being married in the first place so even that wasn't properly planned out.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
No there's nothing illogical about Sakura loving one man and the Sasuke eventually returning her feelings, had it been as simple as that, there wouldn't be so many people complaining about it,

I don't think everyone's complaining it for the same reasons, I know people have taken exception toi it for at least two reasons. One being that it gives Sasuke a happy ending many felt was undeserved. And two tying in to people's displeasure with NarutoXHinata eventhough NarutoXSakura had been sunk all the way back near the end of part 1 and was basically kept dead kept dead with during the Kage Summit.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
but he even told Naruto "I'm not interested in her at all" So why would Kishi have him do all of this stuff to her but then stick the two of them together, it makes no sense at all.

It makes sense if you look at it from the same perspective as Naruto & Sasuke's relationship which share some similarities with Sasuke & Sakura. Well minus Naruto ever trying to actively kill Sasuke and Sasuke putting Sakura in a hospital.

^^^^^^^
Basically all of this.

I'm not getting into this anymore. BadNewsBlues summarized it better than I could have and I'm leaving it at that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2