• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - July 7 - 13

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote
lol, are you getting bored with this or something? maybe you should take a break for awhile.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
lol, are you getting bored with this or something? maybe you should take a break for awhile.

Or maybe he's just exhausted from AX? I'm not sure how you are getting the idea he is getting bored of this or is having any problems though.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
v1cious wrote:

Or maybe he's just exhausted from AX? I'm not sure how you are getting the idea he is getting bored of this or is having any problems though.

If you take the third consonant and fourth vowel out of every fifth paragraph in this week's The Click, it spells out "R E H A B I S H E L L". Make of this what you will.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Emperor Fred

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:20 am Reply with quote
Hmm, it seems we've got Naruto and Zatch Bell sharing a timeslot Friday night on YTV... ?

Also, although I realize few people will actually read this, and even fewer receive G4TechTV Canada... Lupin the Third will be pre-empted several times this week for G4's extensive coverage of E3.

I suggest catching the weekend reruns, because it may be the only chance you'll have to see them!
WindAlchemistJen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:23 am Reply with quote
I'm with you on the Inuyasha repeats. Two episodes of Inuyasha every weeknight is overkill. They could air something new in those slots(like more Lupin III, or even just rerun the episodes that they have. Rerun Lupin is better than no Lupin!).
Sweetmusic_01

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:27 am Reply with quote
I say we flood the [adult swim] boards demanding for less InuYasha and more Lupin. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quote
Sweetmusic_01 wrote:
I say we flood the [adult swim] boards demanding for less InuYasha and more Lupin. :twisted:

Sure. That'll work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:35 am Reply with quote
You forgot the final episode of Macross Plus on Animonday!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:04 am Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:30 am Reply with quote
WindAlchemistJen wrote:
I'm with you on the Inuyasha repeats. Two episodes of Inuyasha every weeknight is overkill. They could air something new in those slots(like more Lupin III, or even just rerun the episodes that they have. Rerun Lupin is better than no Lupin!).

I wish they would reshow Eureka 7 in one of the inuyasha spots. I mean they haven't even gave it repeats yets and everything else in their arsenal has been shown to death.

Sweetmusic_01 wrote:
I say we flood the [adult swim] boards demanding for less InuYasha and more Lupin. Twisted Evil

even if its not eureka...ANYTHING to lessen inuyasha would be fine. Lupin is pretty cool.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
Sweetmusic_01 wrote:

Sure. That'll work.
It would be more effective if we include mentions of owning a pilot about men who desire to have sex with chickens. Considering some of the things they've put on air, I'm sure [adult swim] would jump at a chance to air that show. Rolling Eyes (They could call it Clucking or some other clever name.)

I'm actually quite fond of Inuyasha, but it would be nice if they put something else on. Then again, when they put other things on, the anime fans don't watch.

Apparently Lupin fans either don't watch TV or are too few to make a dent. Considering the DVD sales haven't been as good as Geneon wanted for the series, I'm going with the latter.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:50 am Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:
I wish they would reshow Eureka 7 in one of the inuyasha spots. I mean they haven't even gave it repeats yets and everything else in their arsenal has been shown to death.

They're showing Eureka 7 on [AS] video on demand.
What happened to .hack? I got Voltron this morning instead and they've got Inu Yasha on the schedule for next week at 5am.
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote
I agree with you all about Inuyasha. I think we need to set some demon slayers on him to take care of the show once and for all. Or maybe we could somehow set them loose on the [adult swim] staff. Twisted Evil

He again hasn't listed the AZN airing of Last Exile. The network may not be worth mentioning, but I think the show is.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:24 am Reply with quote
I love Naruto marathons, particularly because I don't care about any of the other anime on Toonami. Anime catgrin

And...video?! DO IT! DO IT NOW!
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:36 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Brian forgot the last Macross Plus? Episode 4 is listed in the article's rerun section, from what I see. I don't know if it's where you expected/wanted it, but it's there.

It is listed, just not as a premire, since it has aired on Scifi before.

Richard J. wrote:
Apparently Lupin fans either don't watch TV or are too few to make a dent. Considering the DVD sales haven't been as good as Geneon wanted for the series, I'm going with the latter.

Which is sad really. Even for those who hold Lupin as nothing more than a filler before the next show(Evil or Very Mad), it is at least very good filler. And a much better option than some of the stuff they put on.

I like lupin. Although I have seen pretty much all of what Geneon put out, and I am working on the Funi movies. It really is not like any other shows you will typically find today. Don't get me wrong, it is what it is, but as entertainment it succeeds. Unfortunately I shouldn't hold my breath that Lupin III: Episode 0 'First Contact' will ever get licensed. The second best Lupin movie(Cagliostro being #1) ever.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2