• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Eir Aoi Records Special Message to Fans to Celebrate Kill la Kill on Toonami

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:13 am Reply with quote
Ahhh thank you so much!!!!! Even though I own all the BDs and seen it already.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:06 am Reply with quote
Nice effort on the Engrish. That's a nice gesture.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:07 am Reply with quote
Key to learning foreign language is to try despite the flaws, and keep trying. It's not like subjects like math or science where the result is either right or wrong. Many Japanese are afraid to try, expecting to be judged right or wrong from the get-go, and not realizing that there are many different ways of English, from American to British to Pakistani to African, etc. In universities that promote student body diversity, they'd realize that purpose of language is not to be right or wrong, but to communicate what you're trying to say.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:14 am Reply with quote
Shocked that a Japanese singer acknowledged Toonami and Toonami fans! Great video!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know Toonami was such a big deal from the Japanese side of things. Well, in anything besides IGPX, Big O, and Space Dandy, at least.

I hope no one tells her that this song was edited by Toonami for length.
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
I really love it when japanese people speak english, i just think it sounds really awesome
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
Really nice to for her to give out a shout-out to her American fans. I'm also a little shocked that someone in Japan actually knows about Toonami.

leafy sea dragon wrote:

Shhh.......she's gonna find out! But I'm sure she understands.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:06 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised that Ms. Aoi even knew that "Kill La Kill" was on Toonami,much less that is was even being broadcast in America. I didn't even know she spoke English. I guess someone must have told her. I wonder if she is going to watch the English language version of "Kill La Kill?" I have no idea how she'd feel about it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:32 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:

I wonder if she is going to watch the English language version of "Kill La Kill?" I have no idea how she'd feel about it.

Probably like another person watching who doesn't know enough Japanese.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:45 am Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
Shocked that a Japanese singer acknowledged Toonami and Toonami fans! Great video!

leafy sea dragon wrote:
I didn't know Toonami was such a big deal from the Japanese side of things. Well, in anything besides IGPX, Big O, and Space Dandy, at least.

I'm surprised too because Japanese musician rarely acknowledged their international fans. But this is really something. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
It's not like she did it of her own accord, it's a pretty normal PR thing to have your actors/artists/etc do quick little "Hey, thanks for enjoying this" sound/video bites.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Of course. What's unexpected is that this was done for the English-speaking fans.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:40 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Of course. What's unexpected is that this was done for the English-speaking fans.

As I said it's very rare to see J-musicians doing this for their international fans. I hope to see something more like this in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
It's not like she did it of her own accord, it's a pretty normal PR thing to have your actors/artists/etc do quick little "Hey, thanks for enjoying this" sound/video bites.

Oh yeah, it's pretty obvious her company had her do it. It's just unusual they did specifically for Toonami. If anything, I would've expected Linked Horizon to do one first, since Attack on Titan is a much a bigger hit. In any case, it was a nice gesture on Aoi( and her company)'s part.
idkAlan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:47 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I'm surprised that Ms. Aoi even knew that "Kill La Kill" was on Toonami,much less that is was even being broadcast in America. I didn't even know she spoke English. I guess someone must have told her. I wonder if she is going to watch the English language version of "Kill La Kill?" I have no idea how she'd feel about it.

Actually she along with most of the Kill la Kill cast and crew have already seen the English language dub.
At the Kill la Kill exclusive event in Anime Expo 2014 they were among the fans when the dub premiered and they liked it. The director himself stated that he was surprised just how the pitch of the voices sounded so alike to the Japanese cast. Ryouko's VA even praised her English counterpart who was also in the audience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1