• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation App Launches on PlayStation 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bs3311

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:09 am Reply with quote
Just like all their apps being developed by an outside company, there slow on UI an playback buffers being worse than TAN. Watching Maria to see if it's a stinker. But updates should follow on making playback much quicker.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
still no news on chrome cast Sad
Ingraman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
If this story hadn't been up, I was going to add this comment to the end of the thread about Funi finally making it to the PS3... ^^

I just downloaded the app last night, after remembering that Funi was projecting an April release for it. IIRC, the date given on the PS store was 31 March, so it might have been sneaking around for a few days. Now I don't need to keep swapping between my PS3 and PS4 to watch Funi's stuff.

I did notice a bit of buffering while watching the final Maria episode and one of the earlier Rolling Girls episodes (as was common with the PS3 app), but it was nice to finally have queuing available. Funi's been soooo far behind Crunchyroll, but they're at least pretending to catch up.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Finally was able to login later in the day on the day the app came out after being unable to for a while.

Fortunately no particular buffering issues here so far but I haven't used it much yet, even after jumping to a later spot in an episode when I re-watched some Bahamut, Psycho-Pass, and Bebop.

Agreed, it's about time they got their app on PS4.
ThaFallen5oulja

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
still no news on chrome cast Sad

Actually there IS news see: http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?4008-Funimation-Play-Station-4-app

Comes out after the Xbox One app, and the XO app should be out this year.
FranceHopper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:57 am Reply with quote
Haven't had any issues with any of their apps here (PS3, PS4, Roku, and the site.) Granted, it probably does help that I have a Gigabit connection.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1