• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Xanthe Hyunh, Erika Harlacher Star in Yuki Yuna is a Hero English Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa Momoe takes center stage as the lead! Also, Sayaka Miki gets another shot at being a magical girl!

Odd that Mami's hanging out on the sidelines as a teacher, though. spoiler[Maybe she doesn't want to lose her head again.]
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:00 pm Reply with quote
What's more is that we have newer VA to join the ever-fluctuating dubbing VA family.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Alright! Two new seiyuu in this show. Smile
I can't wait to watch Yūna Yūki Is A Hero!
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Well cant wait to see how they do this for the first time
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Yes!!! They cast a competent actress for Karin!! I hated her Japanese voice, as it grated on my ears, but I like Sarah Williams, so I'm confident she'll do a great job. I am REALLY worried about Itsuki, though. I really hope they do her justice.

It's funny, as this was the cast I imagined:
Yuna: Michelle Creber
Togo: Andrea Libman
Fu: Tabitha St. Germain
Itsuki: Claire Corlett
Karin: Madeleine Peters

Oh well. This cast seems solid, and I can't wait to watch the dub! Very Happy
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:00 pm Reply with quote
^
Ah, Tabitha St. Germain...
It's been ages since I've heard from her in the initial season of Shakugan no Shana...
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
Nagisa Momoe takes center stage as the lead! Also, Sayaka Miki gets another shot at being a magical girl!

Odd that Mami's hanging out on the sidelines as a teacher, though. spoiler[Maybe she doesn't want to lose her head again.]

it would have been even better if they voiced each character with their respective madoka character, which one leave one character voiceless...brb... laughing.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Wow! That's... a really, really good cast.

I've really liked Xanthe Huynh ever since I first heard her as Ui in K-ON so it makes me super glad that she's getting all these lead roles. Not to mention, unlike her other lead roles, this is the real deal. She's not playing second fiddle while the rest of the cast gets involved in all the real conflict like in Blood Lad or Madoka. She is Yuki Yuna. The title girl, the hero, the undisputed MC. Can't argue about the rest of the cast either.

I can't wait to hear it for myself. Apparently Terui really enjoyed it so for now I'll just take her word for it.

*Also it's Xanthe Huynh. Not Hyunh.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
And while she didn't get to do much in it her voice sounded good in Sword Art Online as Sachi.

It'll be great hearing more from Erica Mendez too, I've loved her Ryuko in Kill la Kill.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:39 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
^
It's been ages since I've heard from her in the initial season of Shakugan no Shana...

however no one have even heard from her since that season as well as the Roberta's Blood Trail OVA for Black Lagoon.

its highly possible that she have retired from VA which is ashame cause she would have done well as Fu or Yuna.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:50 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
^

however no one have even heard from her since that season as well as the Roberta's Blood Trail OVA for Black Lagoon.

its highly possible that she have retired from VA which is ashame cause she would have done well as Fu or Yuna.

I know it's IMDB but it gives you an idea. My Little Pony and a load of other American shows.

http://akas.imdb.com/name/nm0319308/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:55 am Reply with quote
But that price tag for four episodes. Yea it has some nice extras but $90 US dollars is really extreme. I cant see anyone buy this except for hardcore fans.
Soaringfalcon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:03 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
But that price tag for four episodes. Yea it has some nice extras but $90 US dollars is really extreme. I can't see anyone buy this except for hardcore fans.
your right, but not quiet 89.98 is the msrp price, yet the store price on right stuf is 71.98 so yeah not exactly close to 90 bucks.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:13 am Reply with quote
Oh, a cast of rookie/up and coming VA's, interesting. The only one I've heard is Xanthe, but I liked her Ui (plus my anime club's former president has a friend who is friends with Xanthe, so thats cool). A shame I can't afford to buy the blu rays though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1