• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokyo Ghoul: Jack Original Video Anime's Fall Release, Screens Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Mm, this imo actually looks good so far. The manga's artwork isn't as good but I'm hopefully for this now. An OVA of this does make sense considering how short the series is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shirohae

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:06 am Reply with quote
Arima looks smexy :3
yappers4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:37 am Reply with quote
Quote:
During an event on Sunday, the Tokyo Ghoul anime cast presented a new promotional video for the original video anime (OVA) of Sui Ishida's Tokyo Ghoul: Jack prequel spinoff manga. They also announced that the new anime will debut this fall. The anime's official website and Twitter account presented screens from the video:

The wording is a bit awkward to me. Does this mean that there will be a season 3 in the Fall, or just the OVA will be released in the Fall?
Mizerous

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:42 am Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:
Quote:
During an event on Sunday, the Tokyo Ghoul anime cast presented a new promotional video for the original video anime (OVA) of Sui Ishida's Tokyo Ghoul: Jack prequel spinoff manga. They also announced that the new anime will debut this fall. The anime's official website and Twitter account presented screens from the video:

The wording is a bit awkward to me. Does this mean that there will be a season 3 in the Fall, or just the OVA will be released in the Fall?

Good question it would be weird for a 3rd season unless it was Re.TG
The11Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:55 am Reply with quote
Mizerous wrote:
yappers4 wrote:
Quote:

Good question it would be weird for a 3rd season unless it was Re.TG
There's nothing about a 3rd season in the original article. The Fall release date is referring to the ova and nothing more.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:31 am Reply with quote
Thank goodness Arima doesn't have that weird, pointy chin anymore. Confused

Also, the original manga for Jack was only 7 chapters, so I don't doubt that a single OVA could cover it properly. It'd have to be an hour long OVA however, rather than just 25 minutes.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote
The images were interesting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1