• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Conan Manga Takes Break Until Early Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:31 am Reply with quote
I hope he gets healthy.
SnowCentaur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:39 am Reply with quote
I hope he gets better soon! His work ethic is insane, especially compared to axcertainxsomeone.
Gasero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:54 am Reply with quote
I know manga artists/writers typically own their property and dedicate themselves to making it only their work, but it seems like by now there would be more teams of people who would be able to make up for work if the manga artist needs a break.

Detective Conan is so popular that if the original creator suddenly passed or didn't want to do it anymore it would be a shame to see it stop.

An example being Hunter X Hunter. The creator is not dead, but he clearly doesn't have the same enthusiasm for it and someone else could take over.
Banjo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:15 am Reply with quote
no mangaka would wan't people to draw instead of him, that's what anime for.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:49 am Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
I know manga artists/writers typically own their property and dedicate themselves to making it only their work, but it seems like by now there would be more teams of people who would be able to make up for work if the manga artist needs a break.

Detective Conan is so popular that if the original creator suddenly passed or didn't want to do it anymore it would be a shame to see it stop.

An example being Hunter X Hunter. The creator is not dead, but he clearly doesn't have the same enthusiasm for it and someone else could take over.

I agree. There have been times where a manga-ka dies but there estate and publishing company might allow another person to continue the work. An example is that the 7-vol. Skull Man manga that TokyoPop was done by a guy who was given consent by the Ishinomori family to work on it as Shotaro was ill at the time.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:58 am Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:

I find it interesting the difference between some mangaka, guts like Mashima and Oda draw their butts off. Mashima just wrapped up a month over two chapters per issue, along with Fairy Tail Zero, the man has said before he jsut love to draw and he loves When people like his work, he does twitter sketches all the time.

Oda takes breaks but he still draws a good amount and likes to work as well, but his chapters are a little short but i get over it.

The HunterXHunter author on the other hand, just seems lazy, like he doesn't care about the fans and getting them a product they want. we really don't know the whole story there but it just seems fishy.
Drunk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:16 am Reply with quote
Not surprised about this. It was already reported a few weeks ago that the release schedule will be irregular until summer.
se37

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:24 am Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:

While it is true that it would be sad if the anime and manga were to stop, at least the story would end. I remember reading a while back that the final parts of the story are written down and the major plot ending points are known to a few people so the series will get an ending.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:42 pm Reply with quote
NO Break! end it PLOX Q_Q
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I stopped watching the anime/reading the manga when I saw for a while that the plot was not really going anywhere, just that he was changing the variety of crimes and characters as far as solving murders go. Not really missing keeping up with this series but I do feel that he has done enough with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TG72

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:49 am Reply with quote
se37 wrote:
Gasero wrote:

While it is true that it would be sad if the anime and manga were to stop, at least the story would end. I remember reading a while back that the final parts of the story are written down and the major plot ending points are known to a few people so the series will get an ending.

You're right: it's been a while but I remember reading that article.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:41 am Reply with quote
Eh, the story involving conan and the organization was interesting, but almost everything else about the manga\anime is not

and for me this show is impossible to marathon, i tried it years ago and gave up after a hundred or so episodes because its so damn predicable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:08 am Reply with quote
I believe Gosho mentioned he already had planned out who "That Man" is, along with who Rum may be.

Still, hopefully his time off will give him lots of time to come up with storylines involving the Black Organization.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:19 am Reply with quote
Early summer usually means late June/early July; so maybe it means a month?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1