• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Sword Art Online: Girls' Ops GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aki_Leaves

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear that this is at least decent, I will probably pick it up as Silica was one of my favorite side characters.

Also, a minor typo on the first sentence of the synopsis.

"Keiko Ayano (aka Silica) and Rika Shinozaki (aka Lizbeth) decide to nvite Suguha"
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
That person instead turns out to be a fellow female SAO survivor, one who idolizes Kirito so much for having beaten the game that she took him as a model for independent strength.

Allow me to throw up in my mouth a bit.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
That person instead turns out to be a fellow female SAO survivor, one who idolizes Kirito so much for having beaten the game that she took him as a model for independent strength.

Oh, so THAT explains the Kirito look alike. I bought the book, but haven't read it yet. Everyone's GOTTA love Kirito of course. Can't even escape from him in a SAO manga that's supposed to be about some of the more minor characters, but oh well.

Despite my dislike for SAO I bought this because I did like that sword smith girl and I'm of need of some fantasy action with cute girls. Hope it's at least enjoyable.
TwitchingFool0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
I will be adding this to my collection. Very Happy
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
Theron Martin wrote:
That the first such manga would feature Silica, Lizbeth, and Leafa is also no surprise, as fans have clamored for the former two in particular to get more attention ever since they were first introduced.

cant be surprised those two got popularity in the aincrad arc, however unfortunately other than asuna, the only side female characters that actually more popular than those two are sachi and of course yui.

However while its a very very good spinoff series, i'm afraid that there's absolutely zero chance in hell that this series will be like what Toaru Kagau no Railgun was for Toaru no Majustu Index.

[quote"Theron Martin"] It ends with a three page Afterword manga and a “special thanks” page, which mentions that the Angel Whisper ring idea was apparently used by Reki Kawahara in one of his SAO-related doujinshi[/quote]

so that is what that whole angel whisper thing was all about. but please tell me that one of this SAO related doujins was in fact normal (aka non-h) and not h related. cause if it was, it would definitely explain some things when it comes to the minds of the typical fan doujin publisher. especially when it came to suguha/lefa since for some reason she's the most hated character in the ALO arc cause of her "incestious" feelings for her brother while in those doujins, she's in there with her brother more times than fairies on a picnic.

and it explains why other side characters like sachi ,sinon from phantom bullet and the girl from mother's rosario have been getting more popular with the typical SAO fanbase and the doujin SAO fanbase.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RussellStar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

so that is what that whole angel whisper thing was all about. but please tell me that one of this SAO related doujins was in fact normal (aka non-h) and not h related. cause if it was, it would definitely explain some things when it comes to the minds of the typical fan doujin publisher. especially when it came to suguha/lefa since for some reason she's the most hated character in the ALO arc cause of her "incestious" feelings for her brother while in those doujins, she's in there with her brother more times than fairies on a picnic.

and it explains why other side characters like sachi ,sinon from phantom bullet and the girl from mother's rosario have been getting more popular with the typical SAO fanbase and the doujin SAO fanbase.

From what I know and can tell the vast majority of SAO doujins that Kawahara created are non h in nature. In general the vast majority of them are side stories some of them collected in doujin's known as the Material Editions or character editions or some other means. For example the Angel's Whisper quest was first mentioned in a side story called The Fourteenth Autumn which was collected in The Pina Edition. The particular side story told a story about Silica and Kirito's relationship.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Quote:

Allow me to throw up in my mouth a bit.

There is a blink-and-you-miss-it moment at the end of the first volume (I had to flip back and forward a few times to figure out what was happening) which suggests it may not be that simple.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:36 am Reply with quote
RussellStar wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

From what I know and can tell the vast majority of SAO doujins that Kawahara created are non h in nature. In general the vast majority of them are side stories some of them collected in doujin's known as the Material Editions or character editions or some other means. For example the Angel's Whisper quest was first mentioned in a side story called The Fourteenth Autumn which was collected in The Pina Edition. The particular side story told a story about Silica and Kirito's relationship.

definitely get that much since silica is the other living side character in the series that is most popular with the typical fanbase and the otaku fanbase.

though most people didn't know whether or not if angel whisper is h related or not cause once the words "doujins" or "doujinshi" is plastered onto something , the new gens will immediately jump into conclude its 18+ related since for a while as of late almost everything that have those lables are h-parodies of this series. and its as i said, if it was, it would have some kind of explaination on why is there a lot of doujins of lefa in the otaku fanbase even though she's disliked by primary fans of the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1