• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine's English Trailer Unveils Netflix Premiere Date

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
That's right about when the season should end, though... This happened with the 1st season as well.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I hope this season gets an NA release later this year or the next as well...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Drunkenpenguin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Isn't that what this post is telling you already? Netflix has the rights for NA. So July 3rd, if you have Netflix it's all yours to watch. Netflix is giving me a gift, and for that I'm excited!
Yadilie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Hopefully the packaging quality will be similar to that of Season 1. The art on the cases and the chipboard is astounding.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Sweet. I plan to marathon it when it is up. I assume Sentai will release season 2 as well.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Drunkenpenguin wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Isn't that what this post is telling you already? Netflix has the rights for NA. So July 3rd, if you have Netflix it's all yours to watch. Netflix is giving me a gift, and for that I'm excited!

I meant the BDs release/home video as I'm not sure if they will release that this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Any idea why Netflix are so keen on this title, not critiquing it, it's just this title seems to be something they really like, the first one premiered on Netflix as well.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Any idea why Netflix are so keen on this title, not critiquing it, it's just this title seems to be something they really like, the first one premiered on Netflix as well.

I imagine they saw potential in the first season. And they were right because Knights of Sidonia was well received, and it was probably popular enough to go after the second season as well.

There are rumors that Netflix also has the Seven Deadly Sins. I am personally glad that they are going after the anime market. I just hope that the all anime they stream/license is also released on disc.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Considering the lack of any info concerning Sins, those rumors can safely be considered bunk.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
So, so glad that Netflix didn't drop the series. I was seriously getting worried because they didn't confirm their rights to the second season earlier.

Hameyadea wrote:
That's right about when the season should end, though... This happened with the 1st season as well.

That's Netflix--they claim their users like marathoning more than watching episodes week by week, and basically refuse to air anything until it's all wrapped up and ready to go in one shot. I personally find it annoying, not only because the temptation to watch a show in a big chunk of time is kind of unhealthy, but because it stifles the on going discussions that makes TV watching week by week so immersive and interesting.

I think Netflix is the only network that releases all its original content this way, too. Both Hulu and Amazon Prime release new, original shows week-by-week.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Yadilie wrote:
Hopefully the packaging quality will be similar to that of Season 1. The art on the cases and the chipboard is astounding.

Yup, this case is awesome. They chose some good shots for the box art.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
This was expected but glad to have it confirmed anyway. I guessing Sentai will also pick this up later on. I hope we get another nice collector's edition.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Considering the lack of any info concerning Sins, those rumors can safely be considered bunk.

According to what was mentioned in a recent ANNCast (221, as I recall), Sins was still "in play". Of course, I believe it was the same ANNCast wherein it was stated AoA had no plans to stream any of their movies, but just a few days ago, all 3 Madoka Magica movies became available on Netflix, along with Expelled from Paradise.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:08 pm Reply with quote
^Expelled From Paradise is on Netflix?! I can actually watch it now! Thanks!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1