• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Production I.G's Miss Hokusai Wins Annecy's Jury Award

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:02 am Reply with quote
This movie sounds soo good to me. It would super if we could get it over here in the west.
koinosuke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:52 am Reply with quote
Saw Miss Hokusai a few weeks back with high hopes, seeing as I think Colourful by the same director was really good. Miss Hokusai was, as a film...strange. On the one hand, it really brought Edo and the world of artists there to life and features some exhilarating and imaginative scenes. On the other hand, it has extremely strange pacing and nothing that can fully be called a plot, more like a collection of vignettes about her life that don't really add up to a whole (and an ending so sudden even Miyazaki's head would spin).

If anyone wants to read a more detailed take on this movie, I think Otaku USA did a very good job in their review of the film:
http://www.otakuusamagazine.com/Anime/News1/Miss-Hokusai-Review-6470.aspx
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:31 am Reply with quote
It would be great if Miss Hokusai would have a Western debut; it seems like a fun show to watch, judging from the poster.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1