• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Over Lord Fantasy RPG TV Anime's 2nd Promo Reveals July 7 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calculus20

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:24 am Reply with quote
Looks wonderful. With Madhouse behind this and having excellent source material, I expect this to take off more than either Log Horizon or Danmachi.
Via_01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:56 am Reply with quote
The main character is a friggin' Skeleton Overlord. Of course I'm going to watch this.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:27 am Reply with quote
A 2-cour show, mayhaps?

And I know that this is the same studio who produced No Game No Life, and that the overall settings are tge same, but the character design evokes a little of NGNL feeling.

& Y U NO "va", Japan? Razz
Ergo Proxy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:54 am Reply with quote
The opening song's refrain is just like a slightly variated version of the Parasyte OP ._.
Hyro_10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote
Ergo Proxy wrote:
The opening song's refrain is just like a slightly variated version of the Parasyte OP ._.

I noticed that too.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:02 am Reply with quote
I'm going to say 50/50 on this for 2 cour. It's possible but Madhouse is pretty loaded this year already (One Punch Man to debut in Fall). I'm not sure if there's enough material either since I heard there are 7 volumes released already but I've only read about up to 3+
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
myskaros

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:24 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I'm not sure if there's enough material either since I heard there are 7 volumes released already but I've only read about up to 3+

I believe Mahouka was 26 episodes and adapted 7ish novels. They could also follow Hataraku Maou-sama's lead and do 6 episodes per novel, which would result in 4 novels over 2 cours.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Ergo Proxy wrote:

Well I don't know what kind of music or medium it was made in, but tunes like that tend to have similarities to my understanding.

I'm probably still gonna watch this, but I don't feel as much hype as before. Compared to other of Madhouse's works the animation and art in Overlord just doesn't look as good to me. And oh boy, more CGI! Granted it doesn't look all that bad, but... It's still CGI.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Via_01 wrote:
The main character is a friggin' Skeleton Overlord. Of course I'm going to watch this.

^This, because skeleton overlord. I already stated as such previously. It's going to be interesting hearing Yuto/York from Cross Edge as the overlord. I can't wait.
partially

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:41 pm Reply with quote
For those worried about this being yet another MMORPG anime. You can be assured game mechanics, although in here, are much less prevalent than SAO or LG. Basically this is a transported to a fantasy world story (an actual fantasy world, rather than being stuck in a version of the game), rather than a story about a video game.

And yeah it is about a Skeletal Overlord taking names and kicking arse, rather than spending five episodes worried about mechanics of a boss fight. Wink Although unfortunately it may spend several episodes explaining the mechanics of his secret base inside out. The original story sure did. Confused
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Ergo Proxy wrote:

Well I don't know what kind of music or medium it was made in, but tunes like that tend to have similarities to my understanding.

I'm probably still gonna watch this, but I don't feel as much hype as before. Compared to other of Madhouse's works the animation and art in Overlord just doesn't look as good to me. And oh boy, more CGI! Granted it doesn't look all that bad, but... It's still CGI.

People are just gonna have to live with CGI. It's obvious that that's gonna be a core part of anime from now on. I can't think of any studio not using it now
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:31 am Reply with quote
Ergo Proxy wrote:

It's done by OxT, the band that the op 1 and 2 of Ace of Diamond and ed 1 of the new season, not really a surprise they are doing it sonce Madhouse collaborated with Production I.G. for Ace of Diamond.

All I can say is.... You are about to witness your first taste to the music style of Ace of Diamond with this. Be prepared for a great op
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1