• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mari Iijima Performs at Macross World 2015 Event

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:21 am Reply with quote
Congrats.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Too bad it is only a Cosplay and Performance event. It would be nice if they had dealers selling new Macross stuff.
DaisakuKusama

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Too bad it is only a Cosplay and Performance event. It would be nice if they had dealers selling new Macross stuff.

There is a Dealers Room. I was there last year and managed to get a lot of cool Macross manga and art books. Some dealers had the latest toys and gashapon. It's not a huge room. It reminded me of the very first Anime Expo (okay, I'm old).

The Macross Idol cosplay and performance competition is just part of the day's events, but was still fun and entertaining. Last year there were model and toy displays, a maid cafe, panels, and one of the designers who is working on the new Macross series was also there.

I had a lot of fun and hope to attend again this year!
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
How long until Harmony Gold sends in paratroopers to break in and shut down the event for harming Robotech?

If there was a large dealer's room at a Macross event within the US, HG would certainly get involved.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:54 am Reply with quote
Mari has aged very gracefully. She's 52, but she looks 30 at the oldest!

She has a very active Facebook fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/mariiijima?fref=ts
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:30 pm Reply with quote
DaisakuKusama wrote:

There is a Dealers Room. I was there last year and managed to get a lot of cool Macross manga and art books. Some dealers had the latest toys and gashapon. It's not a huge room. It reminded me of the very first Anime Expo (okay, I'm old).

The Macross Idol cosplay and performance competition is just part of the day's events, but was still fun and entertaining. Last year there were model and toy displays, a maid cafe, panels, and one of the designers who is working on the new Macross series was also there.

I had a lot of fun and hope to attend again this year!

That sounds nice. Though it looks like it is only a West Coast event.
DaisakuKusama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
That sounds nice. Though it looks like it is only a West Coast event.

You are correct. It takes place in Torrance, California. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe the organizers are based in the West Coast?

The event is a few years old and some people even fly in from other parts of the U.S. to attend. Hopefully if you're a big Macross fan you'll be able to attend in the future. If not, don't feel too bad. It's a really small convention. That has its advantages and disadvantages.

Like any other con, though, you can check out the post-con wrap up and see cosplay photos online and at Macross World Forums. Hope this helps. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1