• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
God Eater Episode 9 Listed as Final TV Episode Next Sunday

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:48 am Reply with quote
Huh....

So I guess those "extra episodes" sort of counts into the cour? Disappointing really.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:55 am Reply with quote
gotta feel sad for Ufotable. Ah well, this takes pressure off since all they need to do now is release them via ova's which is much handier
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:58 am Reply with quote
Not surprised by this, considering how often episodes were getting delayed.

Stark700 wrote:
Huh....

So I guess those "extra episodes" sort of counts into the cour? Disappointing really.

Yeah, sometimes there's a little leeway when shows get delayed by a week or two, but bleeding a whole 4 weeks into the next season was never going to happen. The network has a schedule to keep and there's another show set to take it's slot the following week.

Maybe it'll be a Blood Blockade Battlefront situation and the episodes will pop up at some point in a graveyard slot before the Blu-ray's land, or they could just end up Blu-ray exclusive de-facto OVAs, though that probably wouldn't bode well for the streaming.
Zaydgh123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:07 am Reply with quote
Hopefully the streaming will continue
shuusei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:08 am Reply with quote
I'm interested if this was the actual planned episode count, with the specials, or if it just happened like this and the last 3-4 episodes will appear on the BDs.
traveling

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:16 am Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
gotta feel sad for Ufotable.

Why? It's their fault the episodes were delayed.
Seska1973

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:17 am Reply with quote
Perhaps to much Work overload, if you followed there was here some announcement of God Eater Burst game and such. Perhaps Ufotable underestimate the Workload such an Game into Anime can do. Quality for not loss the expectations of the Fans, and tight Deadlines... If someone know say "They did not see that coming!", then Fate/Night Anime is a Wonder.. Well, the entire Prototype plot for Fate/Night is years old. They just need to tweak here an there the Plot, no great deal. But complete creating a Anime only based on a Game... They know learned their lesson the hard way. Doing ingame Anime Cut scenes is something different then Shows with Tight Deadlines, where you cannot move the frontier. If your not done it at Day 6 at 23:00 it's over

Tales of cut scenes, God Eater Burst own games and surly many other Game cut scenes and this tight Scheduler of an Anime.. Perhaps they really wanted to chew more they can bite

Last edited by Seska1973 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Zaydgh123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:17 am Reply with quote
I just don't want it to start in Winter as a new season with only 4 new episodes and the rest being God Eater "Extra" episodes.

I guess this will be the same case as Madoka.
Episode 11 and 12 got delayed back then.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-10/madoka-magica-anime-to-resume-on-april-21
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The end of the television run does not preclude plans for the anime in another format or medium.

This is all that really matters to me here. It sounds like they still plan on releasing that last few episodes. Just not airing them. I'll buy the BDs for them. As long as they come eventually, and it sounds like they will, I'm okay with that.

I did have a feeling Ufotable was going to crash at some point. They have some great animation, but they clearly spend a LOT of time on it and don't seem to be all that efficient. I'm sure some of it is their size, but I feel like a few other studios have mastered efficiency, while still putting out good quality, a little better.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:07 pm Reply with quote
ZaYDgH123 wrote:
I just don't want it to start in Winter as a new season with only 4 new episodes and the rest being God Eater "Extra" episodes.

I guess this will be the same case as Madoka.
Episode 11 and 12 got delayed back then.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-10/madoka-magica-anime-to-resume-on-april-21

Girls und Panzer also got delayed for episode 11 & 12, at least they managed to aired the remaining episodes, how they gonna do for God Eater?
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:30 pm Reply with quote
But, so many delays and then the filler episodes.. what is going on?? This anime has so many delays and replacement episodes that they just leave everyone on a cliffhanger!! This is so werid. Shocked
Nooble5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I think all the "extra" episodes ate up God Eater's time and slots on the network. Maybe it'll complete on Daisuki or at another time like Kekkai Sensen's final episode? Who knows. We'll have to wait and see...
aereus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote
My guess is these delays are directly attributable to UBW airing at the same time. FS/N was given ultimate priority, and so staff were pulled off God Eater to make sure UBW aired at all costs.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunate, but not unexpected, given that the show has had four(!) Extra Episodes during its run. To me, it sees like they might release the rest of the story in a different format (online, home-media), a la Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (episodes #12-15 in 1st season, #14-16 in 2nd season) or Bakemonogatari (#13-15).
Papa Ric

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
And on top of all of that Arda Nova got cockteased, damn!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2