• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Saekano, Fate/Stay night Kimono Characters Will Inspire Figures

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:33 pm Reply with quote
YES! Unfortunately, my self-imposed figure purchasing rules make it so that I can only get one from each series, so, sorry, but I'm going to have to pass on you Saber, and Utaha, and Eriri. I still love you guys, but you can't match my best girls.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so they're making figures of Rin and Eriri in a kimono? Hmm...if so...I don't know if I should get both, or just Rin...
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Wait, so they're making figures of Rin and Eriri in a kimono? Hmm...if so...I don't know if I should get both, or just Rin...

If the choice is between anything and Rin, that answer is always Rin. Laughing Wink
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Will most likely try and get all three saekano figures, as for the Fate ones, I may just stick with Rin.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
No Sakura? Maybe after the Heaven's Feel movie she'll get one.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:32 pm Reply with quote
If those designs are the actual descriptions and the sculptor/manufacturer doesn't botch their job, I'm really enticed to get the entire set. My wallet won't be happy though...
roxybudgy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
The kimono look gorgeous, and the Madoka Magica figurines that were already were also drool-worthy, but I'm not really inclined to shell out big bucks for a figurine which is just a pretty kimono with a popular anime character's head on it.

If I buy a figurine, I want it to represent the character that I love from the anime/manga/game. I have spent thousands on gorgeous figurines, and just about all of them have a pose/outfit that are like 3D snapshots of the character as they appeared in the anime/manga/game.

Although I did give in for miko Homura because I couldn't resist that smile (http://myfigurecollection.net/item/236250)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:35 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

If the choice is between anything and Rin, that answer is always Rin. Laughing Wink

I was going to lie, and say that if I were to only get one, it'd be Eriri. But, you're right. And, my lie would've been seen through quite easily.

Will definitely get Rin, Eriri may be purchased if I have the cash to spare.

roxybudgy wrote:
If I buy a figurine, I want it to represent the character that I love from the anime/manga/game. I have spent thousands on gorgeous figurines, and just about all of them have a pose/outfit that are like 3D snapshots of the character as they appeared in the anime/manga/game.

I can understand that. I don't think I own any figures that could be considered ones in "alternate costumes".

But, if they do model the figures after these images, I can't say no to Rin. Especially with that facial expression! Laughing
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:34 am Reply with quote
Because there has been a trend of LN or their manga-versions getting licensed here in the past few years, I think that would be appropriate for Saekano.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote
^The Saekano manga has already been licensed by YenPress. Nothing has been said about the LNs, but we're definitely getting the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1