• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Owarimonogatari

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty excited about this series tbh. Always loved the dialogues from the Monogatari franchise so hopefully will deliver.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chito895

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:20 am Reply with quote
I love Ougi's character design. Cute and creepy, and those large sleeves are the best.

This is one of my most anticipated series along with OP-Man, and I'm eager to watch it. Hopefully today I finish Tsukimono and then start out woth the new series.

This weekend will be full Monogatari for me, actually: Tsukimono today, Owarimono tomorrow, and the end of the Kizumono countdown later this weekend. I'm so hyped right now. Very Happy
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:21 am Reply with quote
really excited about this. NisiOisin does climax and build-up to an unbeatable degree. So seeing how he sets up and preps for the ending(chronologically) of his most popular series is going to be such a treat. Even more excited is that the first episode is gonna be an hour long followed by a long overdue Kizu update!! Today = best day as an anime fan for me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:22 pm Reply with quote
A little help here, I watched the first 4 seasons of the monogatari series, finishing with monogatari second season. I skipped hanamonogatari and tsukimonogatari because it looked like they were focusing on side characters that I just wasn't all that interested in (the reviews were pretty luke warm as well).

Is there a lot of story points I need to catch up on from the last 2 seasons to understand this one, or is it pretty much stand alone so far?

Also, anyone have any idea when they will be releasing Kizumonogatari? I've been waiting for that since season 1 and 6 seasons later I'm still waiting. I figured that would without a doubt the the most popular one as it goes back to the root of how all this happened in the first place.

any feedback is appreciated
chito895

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
^
Hanamono and Tsukimono are the ones that take place chronologically after Monogatari Second Season, being Hanamonogatari the sequel to Tsukimonogatari, so I think you can watch them after finishing Owarimonogatari: you don't need info from those two to understand Owarimono, but I'd still recommend watching those two first just for the sake of watching more of Ougi Oshino.

As for Kizumono, it was announced today that it will be divided in 3 movies, and that the first one is scheduled for January 2016. You can check more about it here:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-03/kizumonogatari-confirmed-as-3-films-starting-on-january-8/.93757

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:38 pm Reply with quote
sweeeeeet, I can't remember being so excited about an anime movie since the Berserk trilogy. I hope there isn't a huge time gap between each movie.

I may check out the other two series, I just have such a huge laundry list of anime series to check out they're going to be in line for a while.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1