• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: VisualArt's to Release Key's Harmonia Visual Novel on Steam This Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isinfier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:11 am Reply with quote
VA is taking more of an active interest in Steam? Interesting. I wonder what they this will hold for the future of English translations.

Now, if only we could get Fate/stay night on Steam...
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:53 am Reply with quote
Isinfier wrote:
VA is taking more of an active interest in Steam? Interesting. I wonder what they this will hold for the future of English translations.

Fan translators have tackled almost their entire back catalog all the way to Rewrite, even Clannad was translated before Sekai picked it up(and re-translated it). Hopefully and at best this means official translations will pick up the torch henceforth...

Looks Like Sekai's Clannad kickstarter might have opened the floodgates to something nice... Smile
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Visual novel publisher VisualArt's confirmed on its Facebook page on Tuesday

You mean Monday. It was posted 7 PM Pacific last night. I would say "unless you're using Japan time" but it's VisualArtsUSA.

Anyway, hopefully this will be up to their normal standards for VNs.
Edit: I say this because Charlotte didn't meet my personal expectations of "KEY quality".
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Isinfier wrote:

Fan translators have tackled almost their entire back catalog all the way to Rewrite, even Clannad was translated before Sekai picked it up(and re-translated it). Hopefully and at best this means official translations will pick up the torch henceforth...

Visual Art's has more brands than just Key.
pikopika

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
What wonderful news! I look forward to the Steam Greenlight release.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
Visual novel publisher VisualArt's confirmed on its Facebook page on Tuesday

You mean Monday. It was posted 7 PM Pacific last night. I would say "unless you're using Japan time" but it's VisualArtsUSA.

Anyway, hopefully this will be up to their normal standards for VNs.
Edit: I say this because Charlotte didn't meet my personal expectations of "KEY quality".

Key at least has some experience with short VN's (Planetarian), but that was a long time ago. I'll probably buy it, but I'm not expecting much.
Isinfier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Isinfier wrote:

Looks Like Sekai's Clannad kickstarter might have opened the floodgates to something nice... Smile

Aye, I have a handful of Key's other works already, courtesy of fan translations. It'd be nice to see some official translations crop up now, though. I'm dying to see Little Busters! and Kanon on Steam.

I guess they've found a way around the biggest issues in the West, which was how to release the games. Steam is a fantastic platform for that.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
Glad to see that yet another Key title will be headed to Steam. Will definitely be picking it up, and I hope that we can get the Angel Beats series of VNs as well on there eventually.
tsundereikemen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:19 am Reply with quote
More visual novel releases for the western fans are always a good thing. Plus it would open the door for more (maybe even physical) releases of more VNs to come. Anime smile
nhat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:59 pm Reply with quote
I wish there's a physical copy for this
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1