• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Film Opening on April 23

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:56 am Reply with quote
I'm so excited for this!
Kurohei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:41 am Reply with quote
Finally. After all these years, Mokuba got a hair cut.

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to see where this goes.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:48 am Reply with quote
am i the only one hoping they get back all the original VAs for the dub?, i keep hearing rumors that Eric Stuart and Dan Green retired
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:59 am Reply with quote
We already knew it was during Golden Week, but we finally get when.

Minor mention, but it's Anzu Mazaki.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:34 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
am i the only one hoping they get back all the original VAs for the dub?, i keep hearing rumors that Eric Stuart and Dan Green retired

I think there's a good chance of seeing Dan and Eric coming back to maintain their personas of Yūgi and Seto. The rest...I think are probably going to get new voices.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:45 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

I pray to God all of them come back to reprise their roles. No one could replace Dan Green as Yugi and Wayne Grayson as Joey.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:14 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

well that would suck cause having green as yugi was the only reason i and many other dub elitists watched that atrocious 4kids crap dub for as long as we did. though considering how many years he's in the business its no surprising to me if he does retire.

though its not gonna matter cause unfortunately, the dub version is at the hands of konami and the 4kids clone company, 4k media

and knowing them their gonna use the same crappy ass editing and censorships that made 4kids hated and the anime versions of the franchise into complete jokes. its no wonder that other TCGS based anime like Selector Infected WIXOSS is getting more noticed within the Western otaku community. hell even cardfight vanguard have gotten more leeway over Arc V which shows how much the US community disliked the current YGO.

So while it would do well in japan obviously, you might as well forget any of that success in the US .

cause for one, even if green and stuart is still voice acting, i'm afraid 4k media wont be reprising the roles of any of the old YGO english dub vocal cast. That much is certain. and two & more importantly,the 4kids style editing that is acustom to the YGO franchise will have people avoiding this movie and go straight to the fansubs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:50 am Reply with quote
This might be good.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:19 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

well that would suck cause having green as yugi was the only reason i and many other dub elitists watched that atrocious 4kids crap dub for as long as we did. though considering how many years he's in the business its no surprising to me if he does retire.

though its not gonna matter cause unfortunately, the dub version is at the hands of konami and the 4kids clone company, 4k media

and knowing them their gonna use the same crappy ass editing and censorships that made 4kids hated and the anime versions of the franchise into complete jokes. its no wonder that other TCGS based anime like Selector Infected WIXOSS is getting more noticed within the Western otaku community. hell even cardfight vanguard have gotten more leeway over Arc V which shows how much the US community disliked the current YGO.

So while it would do well in japan obviously, you might as well forget any of that success in the US .

cause for one, even if green and stuart is still voice acting, i'm afraid 4k media wont be reprising the roles of any of the old YGO english dub vocal cast. That much is certain. and two & more importantly,the 4kids style editing that is acustom to the YGO franchise will have people avoiding this movie and go straight to the fansubs.

Umm, 4K media is not a clone company of 4kids. Back when they were still around, 4kids Entertainment had a subsidiary called 4kids Productions, and after filing for bankruptcy, Konami purchased 4kids Productions and re-named it 4K media.
So basically, 4kids and 4K media are one in the same. Only difference is, when it comes to licensing, the middle man (which was 4kids Entertainment) is cut out. All production sides of things remain the same. So I'm pretty sure if they're both still voice acting they will get cast.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
This should turn out good.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
AutoOps007 wrote:
jr240483 wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

Umm, 4K media is not a clone company of 4kids. Back when they were still around, 4kids Entertainment had a subsidiary called 4kids Productions, and after filing for bankruptcy, Konami purchased 4kids Productions and re-named it 4K media.
So basically, 4kids and 4K media are one in the same. Only difference is, when it comes to licensing, the middle man (which was 4kids Entertainment) is cut out. All production sides of things remain the same. So I'm pretty sure if they're both still voice acting they will get cast.

which is why i and a lot of others call 4k media a clone cause its basically a hacked up 4kids remnants with a new name.

kinda similar how the remnants of ADV Films became Section 23/Sentai Filmworks.

HOWEVER the dubbing that sentai does is lightyears since 4k media is using the same 4kids philosophy for all the YGO series. remove everything good from that series & completely americanized it to the point that its a bad US kids show. and all that is done is give every anime series of the YGO franchise the same sad fate as Pokemon. to be cannon fodder for fansub groups since they know their license holders will NEVER release an UNCUT english dub version using the original japaneese script let alone release them with a japaneese version with and official english sub version or anything related.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
I don't know about retiring from voice acting, but I know Eric Stuart is still doing con appearances at least. He was at Anime Midwest this year, although I wasn't able to meet him (his panels were opposite of ones I was going to, and I don't recall there being any sort of autograph session for him listed among a few other VAs that didn't get autograph sessions either).

That being said, whenever/if ever this is dubbed I do hope both of them reprise the roles.
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:35 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't get my hopes up on this film getting any kind of U.S. release; 4K Media failed to get a U.S. TV network to air Arc-V (and NO U.S. TV network wants a dying anime franchise like this one anymore), and I'm not sure if any U.S. theater would even want to show this movie.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:56 am Reply with quote
I too hope that Dan and Eric rephrase there roles as Yugi and Kaiba. Also that 4K shows this in theaters and that its not edited that much I mean who do they expect to see it young kids who probably never even heard of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! or older fans who grew up with this show and that Yu-Gi-Oh! is probably the reason that they got into Anime in the first place. Cool
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
...ok what

how do they keep coming up with reasons to make sequels of this era of yugioh when it ended so long ago? oh whatever as long as i get to see joey do some stupid shi* i'll watch it. In all seriousness does kiba EVER get tired of getting his ass kicked? i mean all he does is cram stronger cards in his deck after he loses and repeats the process. He should just stop being a prick and making such a big deal outta losing and just be friends with yugioh already Anime hyper

and if this is supposed to take place after the manga why is Yami yugi spoiler[atem]involved? i thought he spoiler[joined his dead buddies in the afterlife]?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2