• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Sunshine!! Idol Project Gets TV Anime This Summer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:29 am Reply with quote
Knew this was coming eventually! I can't wait. Recently finished the Love Live! movie and really enjoyed it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ejc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:38 am Reply with quote
> The Love Live! The School Idol Movie film opened in Japan on June 13, and in theaters outside Japan starting in August. The film has earned a total of 2.53 billion yen (about US$21.2 million).

This is out of date. Should be 2.84 billion yen.

Source: http://www.bunkatsushin.com/news/article.aspx?id=110618
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:39 am Reply with quote
To no one's surprise. Looking forward to meeting the new girls! Can't wait!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:43 am Reply with quote
Of course they'd keep milking this Smile

Also, minor typo
Quote:
Lantia posted the full music video
Lantis
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:50 am Reply with quote
Yes! Can't wait to see this. It's going to a long 6 months until then. Hopefully the series makes for a worthy successor to the original. Cinderella Girls left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't want anything like that to happen again. Especially considering my love for Love Live dwarfs my love for Idolm@ster which means even more disappointment.

A little annoyed that even after all these articles about Love Live there hasn't been a single peep about the dub cast but I've been looking forward to this announcement for a while too so I'm happy.

It took nearly 3 years for µ's to get an anime so I'm glad I didn't have to wait that long for Sunshine. Considering it was the anime that led to Love Live's popularity skyrocketing I guess it only makes sense for them to want to put out the Aquors anime as soon as possible
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:52 am Reply with quote
С'mon, Sunrise, give a rest to the fans.
They can't keep coming to pay for new stuff with that speed.
WingKing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
This was a given, of course, but I am a little surprised it's coming out this fast. I expected them to wait another year or so to build up Aquors' music library and get some additional singles out to the public. That would've also given Muse fans who are feeling salty about the end of their group some time to get over it, too.
ChaosTheory

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:21 am Reply with quote
kinda offtopic but was anyone else amazed how gorgeous NY was in the movie yet the dances were still that god awful cg? Wonder if next series gonna do the same, spend some budget jeez.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
Too soon

I think they should wait, so we can get the best possible quality anime (and milk more CDs as they see fit), otherwise it will end up like Cinderella Girls.
pandoraking

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote
sunrise got a lot of new projects already, pretty excited since i love the studio aswell as this franchise!!
Calculus20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:49 am Reply with quote
Not very happy to hear this. I don't like these idol shows and it's bad enough Love live was milked for the past 4 years not giving Studio 8 a chance to continue Horizon or Accel World and now that the first generation finally ended I was happy that s8 could finally work on on something else before the Sunshine generation got an anime. But this is happening way too fast. I guess I should consider myself lucky s8 at least got AW but I also wanted Horizon too...
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Well im all ways welcoming more Love Live
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm amazed it was this fast. I had heard inklings that they were looking at mid-to-late 2016 to start getting committee stuff in order, but no way thought that they made it this far along. (Lantis has a small office on my floor in the office building that I work out of half of the year in Tokyo)

Can't blame them for keeping the momentum going looking at sales from Muse over the last year. Hell, I can't go a hundred meters without seeing some sort of adverts for muse in Tokyo (and I'm not talking about akiba either)
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:47 pm Reply with quote
ChaosTheory wrote:
kinda offtopic but was anyone else amazed how gorgeous NY was in the movie yet the dances were still that god awful cg? Wonder if next series gonna do the same, spend some budget jeez.

Credit Studio Easter for the BG work. Their staff drew the backgrounds in NYC. CG work was likely done in-house at Sunrise.

Given the success of the previous series, I wonder if the animation producer and production desk staff will continue to subcontract there for BGs or try something different with another subcontractor.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
Not very happy to hear this. I don't like these idol shows and it's bad enough Love live was milked for the past 4 years not giving Studio 8 a chance to continue Horizon or Accel World and now that the first generation finally ended I was happy that s8 could finally work on on something else before the Sunshine generation got an anime. But this is happening way too fast. I guess I should consider myself lucky s8 at least got AW but I also wanted Horizon too...

Way to overexaggerate.
It had 2 individual, single seasons so far.
It was already way too painful waiting for Love Live to have another TV series, and it's not exactly a huge loss that they aren't doing another thinly veiled fap material harem LN adaptation instead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2