• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, January 18-24 [2016-01-26]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quote
So 16k+ of BD and DVD for Haikyuu season 2, is that good or bad for a sequel? Hopefully the drop compare to season 1 is within the normal range
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:22 am Reply with quote
Very happy to see Haikyuu pulling such healthy numbers, at this point it's pretty much guaranteed we'll have a third season, it's already the second biggest seller of the season, only behind Owari. I hope it continues to sell so well.

Titan High school bombed real hard given the franchise it's from. I guess they overestimated the amount of money they could make from slapping the name of the newest cash cow on whatever they fancied.

I'm saddened to see Lupin III doing badly, it's such a fantastic series, it's a shame it's not getting the appreciation it deserves. On the other hand, OPM just crossed 11K, which pleases me. I'd hoped for it to become a bigger hit, but 11K is pretty great
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:22 am Reply with quote
My biggest concern is for Love Live Movie getting that humongous amount of total buyouts. The power of those idols just baffles me to no end. 6th weeks in the market and it's already closer to Big Hero 6's total at 40 weeks,
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:40 am Reply with quote
P3! Haikyu gonna Haikyu! Damn, S!KC. You do need 911. Wink
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:15 am Reply with quote
I hoped YuruYuri would have done better. I can only dream of a 4th season at this point. Can't get enough of that series.

I am so happy to see Attack on Titan Junior High was a complete failure. It was dumb money-grab to begin with. They probably didn't actually care about the series all that much. It was just there to keep AoT on people's mind before the big second season next year.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:55 am Reply with quote
*Looking at Ore Monogatari!!'s sale figures*
The pain... It hurts...
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:38 am Reply with quote
Yeah, sad to see My Love Story sales so low...
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:57 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Very happy to see Haikyuu pulling such healthy numbers, at this point it's pretty much guaranteed we'll have a third season, it's already the second biggest seller of the season, only behind Owari. I hope it continues to sell so well.

With Osomatsu still having to come out, it'll be the 3rd best selling show of the season.

edit - Talking about V1s that is, who knows about averages.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:50 am Reply with quote
Ore Monogatari sales really saddens me. But as far as I remember, it had a decent TV ratings and gave a boost to the manga sales, so it's not that bad, I guess.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:12 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
So 16k+ of BD and DVD for Haikyuu season 2, is that good or bad for a sequel? Hopefully the drop compare to season 1 is within the normal range

Looking at how popular this franchise is, 16k for volume 1 seems bad considering that volume 1 of season 1 sold 35k.

The first season ended up averaging 25k. The second season could end up averaging 9-12k, which to me seems like a huge drop off. Still, a season 3 seems possible. My question is will season 3 be two cours or only one cour long.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Engineering Nerd wrote:

Looking at how popular this franchise is, 16k for volume 1 seems bad considering that volume 1 of season 1 sold 35k.

The first season ended up averaging 25k. The second season could end up averaging 9-12k, which to me seems like a huge drop off. Still, a season 3 seems possible. My question is will season 3 be two cours or only one cour long.

S1V1 sold 24K on its first week, so comparatively the drop is actually not that huge. 9-12K seems rather pessimistic, if further volumes have event tickets or something of the like, it could end being like Kurobas S3, which had like 9K in its V1's first week and ended with an average of 19K. Since there's an upcoming OVA, I imagine whichever volume includes it will get a significant bump, like Kurobas had in its last volume

Rederoin wrote:

With Osomatsu still having to come out, it'll be the 3rd best selling show of the season.

edit - Talking about V1s that is, who knows about averages.

You're right, I forgot that one was coming too. Seeing how huge it is, I wouldn't even be surprised if it surpassed Owari. I honestly never would've imagined it would end up so popular, I thought for sure it would bomb

Last edited by CrowLia on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:49 am Reply with quote
It's really disheartening that My Love Story is faring so terribly with so low numbers... Sad
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:00 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Engineering Nerd wrote:

S2v1 wk1 vs S1v1 overall, a bad way to compare it.

Its only around a 8k~ drop for wk1. Will probably get the 3rd spot for autumn. Only Gochiusa has a chance to beat it, I think. If it has a lower v2 drop that is(less volumes also helps).
But my money is on haikyuu.

15-18k~ as a ballpark, maybe 13.5k-19k~ to be a bit more realistic for what range it could end up in.
Bugypad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Only a bit more than 3,000 for Little Witch Academia 2? Isnt that really weak? That really bothers me. I really hoped it would be a real hit in Japan and i hoped for a series.
VampireNaomi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I really wanted Lupin III to sell more than that. Oh, well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2