• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fire Emblem Fates 3DS Game's Ad Highlights Pivotal Decision

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FtKaru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:57 am Reply with quote
Not even sure what the point of advertising the special edition is since it's been sold out since November, gamestop has been cancelling preorders since Nintendo doesn't have enough in stock, and scalpers are trying to sell it for 3x the retail price.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:37 am Reply with quote
And still no mention from Nintendo as to the allegation that the mini game has been removed or not. Nintendo PR is truly awful.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:47 am Reply with quote
FtKaru wrote:
Not even sure what the point of advertising the special edition is since it's been sold out since November, gamestop has been cancelling preorders since Nintendo doesn't have enough in stock,

I thought that was due to a clerical error on Gamestop's end.
AngryMoM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
FtKaru wrote:
Not even sure what the point of advertising the special edition is since it's been sold out since November, gamestop has been cancelling preorders since Nintendo doesn't have enough in stock,

I thought that was due to a clerical error on Gamestop's end.

Yeah gamestop had to cancel some in store pre orders due to a computer error. Many places aren't advertising the SE even the official website doesn't list it. Nintendo made quite a mess with limited stock and lack of communication.
AngryMoM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:49 am Reply with quote
It's been comfirmed skinship is out. It was a silly feature but I'm gonna miss it.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
AngryMoM wrote:
It's been comfirmed skinship is out. It was a silly feature but I'm gonna miss it.

Has it? I know I received an email from customer service at Nintendo, but is there something more official?
Guile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:07 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
And still no mention from Nintendo as to the allegation that the mini game has been removed or not. Nintendo PR is truly awful.

The comment section is disabled on all their Fire Emblem videos and not for any of their other videos. I think that says a lot and we can safely assume it is indeed cut.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1