• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Yukari Tamura Intends to Continue Singing

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:06 pm Reply with quote
That's great news. She has an excellent voice and is one of my favorite seiyuu. Would be a shame to see her leave the industry.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Good luck in the future for her. I hope she also finds someone, she's always hinted that she wanted a boyfriend. Hope this doesn't mean she won't be part of the future 3rd Nanoha movie.
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean she is retiring as a VA?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:

Good question. Edited my post because I missed the part about I'm Enterprise. I really hope she at most takes a break...I can't imagine the anime world without her amazing talents.

Great news in the singing aspect she is one of the best seiyuu in terms of singing (along with her acting ability of course). Can't wait to see where she goes in the future.
JDude042

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:46 pm Reply with quote
It seems like whatever the deal was, that there's probably nothing to fret. Sounds like turning 40 is a big deal to her, maybe like some have said because she's remained single because of being under contract as an idol and she wants to change that. I can imagine that being frustrating the older you get, especially with Valentine's Day right around the corner. Glad to hear that things are going on a positive note.

I know being single can suck at times because it can get lonely, but trust me a lot can change in a short amount of time. I'm 31 and in the same boat, not 100% by choice though. It's just that my current situation with work and not having any friends, I don't get to meet that many women on a regular basis, and the rare occasion I do meet someone that I like, they're either already married/in a relationship, have issues and beat around the bush leading you on, rather than saying they're not interested, or politely turn me down. It's not that I'm anti-social so much that I've just grown accustomed to being a lone wolf.

On the positive side of things, being single means having the freedom to do whatever you want and I'm certainly not taking that for granted. I'll meet someone eventually and hopefully they'll feel the same way about me as I would for them, it's all a matter of putting your best self out there and communicating with others. You're never too old to find happiness with someone. Most importantly, remain positive! It's not as bad as you would think.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I'll get to hear her sing in the future at the very least, she has a lovely singing voice. Although her future as a voice actress is not known yet though.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm totally ecstatic that Yukari-san will continue with her singing. Smile I also think she'll continue being a seiyuu, since she hasn't said anything about retiring from that, at least not yet, anyway.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:01 am Reply with quote
If she goes on her own, her options would be limited, since in Japan, "talent" agencies control almost everything. It's like in the US those times decades ago when record companies control everything.
Ebb1993

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:56 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
kinghumanity wrote:

Good question. Edited my post because I missed the part about I'm Enterprise. I really hope she at most takes a break...I can't imagine the anime world without her amazing talents.

Great news in the singing aspect she is one of the best seiyuu in terms of singing (along with her acting ability of course). Can't wait to see where she goes in the future.

I don't want her to give up voice acting either... She has to do Mii Koryuji from Project X Zone again!
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Well that's good to hear for her. It's best to continue doing what you love without having needless stress and anxiety piled on top of it.
megazero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:06 am Reply with quote
Hard to believe she's turning 40 and still look younger than her age.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:54 am Reply with quote
megazero wrote:

Hard to believe she's turning 40 and still look younger than her age.

According to Japanese, seems much of it may also have to do with makeup, and that's why Japanese tend to be stereotyped for being caked in makeup: Laughing

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/02/17/japan-china-thailand-and-korea-summed-up-in-one-phrase-each-but-are-they-accurate/

(They tend to feel naked going out without makeup.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1