• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Screen Daily Unveils 2016 Death Note Film's New Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:39 am Reply with quote
Very intriguing.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:50 am Reply with quote
Looking at the casts, and promotional pictures so far, it seems that it's gonna be a somewhat 'style over substance' production.

Also is it just me, or do all the main characters seem to mind their apparel, like all of them being fashionable. I wonder if it's a normal thing to see in Japan, or such (mainstream) movies there just don't prefer to show main characters with ordinary (less shiny, or well, a bit dirty) clothing (hairstyle too).
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:00 am Reply with quote
Death Note: The Official Youtube Video. Rolling Eyes
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
Please tell me I'm not the only one seeing sad Keanu Laughing
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:17 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
Looking at the casts, and promotional pictures so far, it seems that it's gonna be a somewhat 'style over substance' production.

Also is it just me, or do all the main characters seem to mind their apparel, like all of them being fashionable. I wonder if it's a normal thing to see in Japan, or such (mainstream) movies there just don't prefer to show main characters with ordinary (less shiny, or well, a bit dirty) clothing (hairstyle too).

it depends on whether you define japan as the whole country or tokyo, since tokyo people tend to be more on the fashionable side.
nubguy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:47 pm Reply with quote
This is so awesome! I really enjoyed L: Change the World because it furthered the Death Note storyline past the manga. This film looks to continue the story even farther into the future, introducing new characters and plots. This should be really exciting to see!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:38 am Reply with quote
A character that is the polar opposite than Light and is an indiscriminate killer? Light sometimes seemed like an indiscriminate killer to me. Just how much more worse could she be?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1