• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Bokurano, Reveals Date for Digimon Adventures tri. Part 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Man Crunchyroll with these super sudden date reveals for Tri...

Not that I'm complaining Laughing
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Ohhhhhh yeah!! I loved the first Tri movie, and I can't wait to see what the others have in store! They probably do this to get people excited to watch it, and its working for me.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:14 pm Reply with quote
HEAVY BREATHING...

I've been waiting for this day!
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Holy Hype! Tomorrow? That soon? I forgot that part of March 12 in Japan is March 11 here.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Woah, that's quick! :O
Can't wait to see it! Anime hyper
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:30 pm Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
Holy Hype! Tomorrow? That soon? I forgot that part of March 12 in Japan is March 11 here.

Wow, seriously tomorrow, that's some sort notice Crunchyroll... of course I'm just happy its coming out, I loved the Part 1 and can't wait to see what happens in Part 2 Very Happy
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:50 pm Reply with quote
They said "March" after the first one came out, and for the past week or so have been saying "this weekend."

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised. Half of the time we don't get simulcast announcements until the day before the series airs, and that's for something on TV, not a theatrical movie.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Ugh... Bokurano's anime is so bad. Like, okay. There's adaptations that are okay as a standalone anime but fail to capture the greatness of the manga like Trigun. There's adaptations that are great, but cut off from the manga and start to get weird like Soul Eater or Gash Bell. And then there's this. An adaptation that removes all semblance of humanity from several of the characters (Dung Beetle aside, who was very much ruined, the children were mostly ruined after the first "Away" game), drops random twists in that feel dumb (two kids falling in love with each other with zero buildup, Dung Beetle being able to choose who pilots next, etc.), and wastes too much time on the government's doomed to fail mission to get the kids out of the contract to spend time on... gee, I dunno, THE KIDS (I distinctly remember Komo's DAD getting way more attention than she was during her own arc in the anime, whereas in the manga, she got my personal favorite arc in the whole thing).

Look, I get that the anime wasn't finished yet, but they weren't even trying. FMA 2003 had a few panels of manga to work with when it came to Kimblee, but they still gave us something memorable. Kimblee was that horrific serial killing nihilist that we all loved to hate. His manga incarnation was more interesting, but this at least had a level of effort put into it. Bokurano? Nothing. Everything is inferior to the max. Even the perfectly adapted stories felt lacking. The few changes they made to Kako's arc and Chizu's arc actually diminished them if anything. Making Kako get pushed down the stairs and having the ceiling collapse on him due to a military strike is just stupid compared to having Chizu slit his throat. (By the way, it's a miracle that the building collapsing wasn't caused by the enemy robot, thus resulting in a loss). Gonzo's animation made every fight worthless. Dung Beetle is given no character at all aside from being a bigger jerk than Cartman and Envy combined. I need to calm down.

But yeah, "Louis6578, why are you ranting about this poor adaptation of an obscure manga that you really love when you could be hyped about Digimon Adventure Tri.?" Well, everyone else is already doing that for me. I thought I'd bring something else to the table. Razz
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:59 am Reply with quote
I quite liked Bokurano. MOr importantly though.

WHY NO UK FOR DIGIMON AGAIN!!!?

Thank god for other streaming sites.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1