• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Site search

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I haven't investigated yet, but just in case it's not me and there are other people thinking "is is just me?":

The Google site-wide search is currently giving ads and nothing else (Encyc and forum searches are working).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:27 am Reply with quote
I just did a quick search, and got nothing (hi ad block), so it's likely the same problem.

I'm on Chrome on Windows 7 (not sure the version, it updates itself).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:49 am Reply with quote
It was 3am so I called it a night.
On a different computer on a different network now, and it is working (both Chrome).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:15 am Reply with quote
I think this was a problem with Google's site searches in general, not just for ANN. I also couldn't search tvtropes, and it seems to have been affecting other sites as well. But it seems to be working now, so I guess Google fixed whatever was wrong.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1