• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail English Dub Casts Matthew Mercer, Ricco Fajardo, Jeremy Schwartz

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:57 am Reply with quote
nice

i'm just glad the UK release is starting up again now that funimation are releasing titles themselves over here (with help from Anime LTD i should add)
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I still laugh at the decision to do an english dub of Zero before starting Tartaros and the english dub watchers who decided to skip around 40 episodes to watch it. lol
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:41 pm Reply with quote
don't know if you guys are gonna do a new article but Funi jsut dropped a bunch more roles this afternoon.

Kyoka- Janella Lutz

Tempester- Ian Moore

Seilha- Michelle Rojas

Ezel- Ben Bryant

Keyes- Doug Jackson

Torafuzar- Randy E. Aguebor

Lammy- Jill Harris

previously Announced Roles

Silver- Matthew Mercer

Jackle- Ricardo Fajardo

Franmalth- Jeremy Schwartz

It also lists the Three Treasure hunters from the Sun Village arc that we heard in the preview episodes that are out already

Hiroshi the Sword- Scott Frerichs (Team Fourstar)

Rala the Hammer- Nick Landis

Drake the Sniper- Alejandro Saab (Kaggyfilms)

That pretty much wraps up the cast annoucments for the next parts of the dub, the only ones missing are Crawford Seem (The Magic Concil Leader) and Mard Geer

Link Here- http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/06/01/fairy-tail-part-twenty-cast-reveal/
immblueversion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
It also lists the Three Treasure hunters from the Sun Village arc that we heard in the preview episodes that are out already

Hiroshi the Sword- Scott Frerichs (Team Fourstar)

Rala the Hammer- Nick Landis

Drake the Sniper- Alejandro Saab (Kaggyfilms)

That pretty much wraps up the cast annoucments for the next parts of the dub, the only ones missing are Crawford Seem (The Magic Concil Leader) and Mard Geer

Link Here- http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/06/01/fairy-tail-part-twenty-cast-reveal/

Nick Landis is part of TFS too.

Now, if Funimation it turns out didn't somehow get Vic Mignogna back and cast him as Mard Geer, I'm gonna flip. As for Crawford, I believe he was voiced by Bradley Campbell way back in episode 10, albeit in an uncredited role; he's the same guy who played the other Magic Council chairman with the cowboy wizard hat. Maybe he'll get recast, but nothing's impossible.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995, I find this out at the Team Fourstar booth at Phoenix Comic Con today. I asked them how they avoid dealing with the copyright infringement lawsuits. They said Funi is more tolerant of the series than Toei. They also said they have to indicate it's a not-for-profit parody in each video.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:07 am Reply with quote
The Tartarus arc is one of the best arcs in Fairy Tail so im sure getting this DVD very soon.
And yea im also very happy that the UK DVDs are getting released again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1