• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sui Ishida Draws Tribute to Christina Grimmie After Her Death

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Wow this is incredibly sad. I'm not sure if Christina Grimmie was a victim of the massacre as well, but if so, this brings the tragedy down harder than ever.
Ziko577

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:55 pm Reply with quote
GlassesMan wrote:
Wow this is incredibly sad. I'm not sure if Christina Grimmie was a victim of the massacre as well, but if so, this brings the tragedy down harder than ever.

No, she wasn't mentioned as a victim in the Orlando massacre because it happened a few hours before that. I found this out while watching TMZ Live earlier today.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:17 pm Reply with quote
GlassesMan wrote:

Read the final paragraph of the article. This separate incident occurred a day before the Orlando terrorist attack.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:23 pm Reply with quote
GlassesMan wrote:

Grimmie, a contestant on The Voice, was leaving a concert and signing autographs when a man named Kevin James Loibl shot her, having come for that single purpose. Her brother Mark then tackled Loibl, prompting him to commit suicide. Additionally, her coach, Adam Levine, has offered to pay for her funeral.

It's just so sad. First this, and then the Orlando shooting. Why does everyone have to hate?
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
No, she wasn't mentioned as a victim in the Orlando massacre because it happened a few hours before that. I found this out while watching TMZ Live earlier today

I see. Thanks for pointing that out. It's really terrible to have these tragedies happening so close together.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:55 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
GlassesMan wrote:

Grimmie, a contestant on The Voice, was leaving a concert and signing autographs when a man named Kevin James Loibl shot her, having come for that single purpose. Her brother Mark then tackled Loibl, prompting him to commit suicide. Additionally, her coach, Adam Levine, has offered to pay for her funeral.

It's just so sad. First this, and then the Orlando shooting. Why does everyone have to hate?

So it wasn't just a random shooting. He specifically came to kill her. How sad. I wonder why.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:15 am Reply with quote
Touching Tribute. Kudos.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:23 am Reply with quote
It's crazy how these two separate incidents happened in the same town around the same time. Residents of Orlando must be really shaken up.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:26 am Reply with quote
My condolences to Christina Grimmie family.

She was the victim of a similar attack as Mayu Tomita a few days earlier. But in Christina Grimmie case the attacker used a gun instead of a knife.
Thank God Mayu Tomita is recuperating. All the best for her.

From the news Christina Grimmie is another victim of celebrity stalking like Mayu Tomita.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/06/11/the-dark-side-of-celebrity-deranged-fans/

There should be new laws in US, Japan and in the other countries so this tragedy don't repeat anymore.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:57 am Reply with quote
So very sad and horrific that Christie Grimmie passed away so young, at the hands of a twisted gunman... Sad Beautiful talented singer, great gamer... She will be missed dearly. R.I.P...
valoon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I cried for her and the 50 LGBT people
RIP
Space☆Candy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:56 pm Reply with quote
R.I.P Christina Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1