• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, June 6-12 [2016-06-15]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:43 pm Reply with quote
HxH's comeback is always such an impact nearing millions already, can't wait till it...nah please let it flow now.
tsvkkis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this lets Togashi know that fans have been loyally waiting a long, long time! spoiler[I can't believe Hisoka is going on a killing spree of the Troupe...I quite liked Shalnark and Kortopi Sad]
Sacred Blood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I am stunned beyond belief at the numbers for DRIFTERS! I'm not a manga guy but I've been reading the series since almost the beginning because it was the next work by the author of Hellsing. Watching it grow from a relatively obscure work to something that's gaining so much traction now brings a tear to my eye. I've been waiting for the anime adaptation for ages and it's finally around the corner. I can't wait for the anime to leave everyone entranced with its epicness and see what kind of boost it gives to the manga's sales.
SpookyPie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:31 am Reply with quote
All these sales make me pretty happy, it's great that HxH's return has been so well received. Drifters doing good is great to see. I wish the numbers for Hero Academia were a little higher personally, mostly since in my opinion the manga has been amazing lately, but I'm content non the less.

Sacred Blood wrote:
I am stunned beyond belief at the numbers for DRIFTERS! I'm not a manga guy but I've been reading the series since almost the beginning because it was the next work by the author of Hellsing. Watching it grow from a relatively obscure work to something that's gaining so much traction now brings a tear to my eye. I've been waiting for the anime adaptation for ages and it's finally around the corner. I can't wait for the anime to leave everyone entranced with its epicness and see what kind of boost it gives to the manga's sales.

The Anime should be pretty hype, but some of the material in the manga can be pretty graphic so I'm a little worried about how much censorship will be involved, but I have faith that it will be done properly.
HikariGo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:12 am Reply with quote
I really wish Mix was released in English, although I know as a sports manga it has no chance.

The current scanlators are a long way behind too and only falling further back.
ConnormonCat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:11 am Reply with quote
2 weeks of World Trigger in top 10?

I am one very content pea.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1