• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Relive Fruits Basket Memories with Wristwatches, Bracelet

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
It appears there is quite a market for 'subtle' anime merchandise; items that do not immediately identify their wearers as fans to those who are not familiar with certain motifs.

Such goods offer their owners a degree of modesty, along with the all-important sense of appearing nuanced before their peers. (And we have all yearned for that, I imagine!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thread_Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I really wish there was a way to get SuperGroupies stuff outside of Japan. The only places I have been able to find that will ship to the U.S. are the larger second hand shops.

They just have so much awesome looking stuff!
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Thread_Alchemist wrote:
I really wish there was a way to get SuperGroupies stuff outside of Japan. The only places I have been able to find that will ship to the U.S. are the larger second hand shops.

From the article;
Quote:
Orders are being taken at Super Groupies; overseas shipping is available. Shipping is expected in early October.

...So why not order from them directly?

Or use a shopping service, like the one available from cdjapan. I just recently used it to get some nice stuff from curtain-damashii.com...
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
What the hell, the horse charm's the only one that's missing. Poor Rin. : (

EDIT: I'm an idiot and scrolled past her, never mind.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Very beautiful charms they got on display. Smile They allow one to subtly relive the memories of the show while going out with friends. Anime catgrin
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
It appears there is quite a market for 'subtle' anime merchandise; items that do not immediately identify their wearers as fans to those who are not familiar with certain motifs.

Such goods offer their owners a degree of modesty, along with the all-important sense of appearing nuanced before their peers. (And we have all yearned for that, I imagine!)

I noticed that too. I'm quite fond of some of the more subtle proclamations of fandom. Too bad many of these items are ridiculously expensive.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:19 am Reply with quote
Compared to what other merchandise from other series and what a Rolex can sell for, this is cheap.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:21 am Reply with quote
The watch is too expensive for me. For that price, they should offer the charms as a set separately, with a charm bracelet, and with the watch, so you can choose the Fruits Basket Zodiac animal based on your mood.

Will Tokyo Otaku Mode be selling this? I assumed they would based on their logo on top of the article, but the article itself only mentions getting international shipping from Japan.
Loveless100

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Thread_Alchemist wrote:

From the article;
Quote:
Orders are being taken at Super Groupies; overseas shipping is available. Shipping is expected in early October.

...So why not order from them directly?

Or use a shopping service, like the one available from cdjapan. I just recently used it to get some nice stuff from curtain-damashii.com...

Their "overseas shipping" option is tenso so they're using a shopping service. Still good option to promote that. I believe PUNYUS and WEGO are using a shopping service too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1