• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuki Yuna Is a Hero Franchise Teases Project Announcement in October

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenPincers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:43 am Reply with quote
Please be an anime or a movie this time.
Please, please, please.
I want more of this franchise!
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:02 am Reply with quote
It's going to be in October, and you're announcing it now?! Great, now my lack of patience is kicking in!
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:22 am Reply with quote
40% a movie
30% a Tv Series
30% stage play/manga/game/ other type of media etc.
SEGAtheGENESIS234

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:22 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen this anime, but I heard that the show was okay at best, and a poor man's Madoka at worse.
Artesox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:25 am Reply with quote
SEGAtheGENESIS234 wrote:
I haven't seen this anime, but I heard that the show was okay at best, and a poor man's Madoka at worse.

Everything is a Madoka clone in the eyes of the kids who have only watched Madoka.
SEGAtheGENESIS234

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:33 am Reply with quote
Artesox wrote:
SEGAtheGENESIS234 wrote:

Everything is a Madoka clone in the eyes of the kids who have only watched Madoka.

That kind of scenario is gonna happen. Sure it sucks, but some people are fanboys. Plus this series doesn't look that interesting to me, and this is coming from a guy who hasn't even SEEN Madoka.
GoldenPincers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:43 am Reply with quote
SEGAtheGENESIS234 wrote:

I don't know who told you that, but regardless on whether it's a good series or not (it is good), it's by no means a Madoka-clone. If anything, it gets things better than Madoka (mostly the characters); the story and message are completely different, too.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:49 am Reply with quote
Here's hoping this new project of YuYuYu is Season 2 or a movie. Smile
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:51 am Reply with quote
SEGAtheGENESIS234 wrote:
That kind of scenario is gonna happen. Sure it sucks, but some people are fanboys. Plus this series doesn't look that interesting to me, and this is coming from a guy who hasn't even SEEN Madoka.

0.o Seriously? "This show I'm not interested in sucks compared to a different show that I haven't seen either"? Why would anyone even make such a comment?

That being said, yes there are superficial similarities... But YuYuYu goes off in a very different direction. It's not quite like comparing apples and oranges, but you'd have to be a fool to claim one is a poor copy of the others - especially if one has seen neither.
WingKing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
GoldenPincers wrote:
Please, please, please.

You speak for me as well, my friend. My favorite series of this decade so far.

Quote:
I don't know who told you that, but regardless on whether it's a good series or not (it is good), it's by no means a Madoka-clone. If anything, it gets things better than Madoka (mostly the characters); the story and message are completely different, too.

The way I've taken to summing it up for people is that it acknowledges Madoka's perspective, but rejects Madoka's conclusions. Calling it a "Madoka clone" is a lazy comparison made by people who only looked at the superficial similarities in tone and style and couldn't be bothered to stop and think about the deeper differences in the story and characters. Shows don't become 10k sellers in Japan (as Yuki Yuna basically was) just because they remind people of Madoka - if that were the case then Day Break Illusion wouldn't have been such a huge flop.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:10 am Reply with quote
Madoka clone or not (really it wasn't....just same genre), it still wasn't a very good or unique anime. Wasn't even executed really well.
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:47 am Reply with quote
hot dang, I just finished a rewatch of this yesterday so this is beautifully timely

i'm not sure where the series could go with a season two (unless they intend to have a new cast) but an anime of wasshio sumi is a hero or maybe a movie adaptation of the original anime is what i'm putting my bets on

but who knows! whatever happens, i'll be happy to see more yuki yuna
7jaws7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quote
Yuki Yuna is nothing like Madoka. They are both magical girl anime, but have virtually zero similarities.

I've seen both, by the way - and while Madoka is a very special anime to me, I also enjoy Yuki Yuna for what it is: a magical girl series that sticks to the traditional friendship themes while still providing a twisted battle the girls must fight.

Whatever the new project is, I just hope it's something we can easily get access to translations for Smile
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:08 am Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
GoldenPincers wrote:
Please, please, please.

You speak for me as well, my friend. My favorite series of this decade so far.

In cases like this, I'm never sure what to hope for... There's certainly headroom for a sequel, but they'd have to go with a new cast, and that can be a problem.

How ever, given the existence of the prequel LN's, I suspect that's where they'll go for a new anime season.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:22 am Reply with quote
Come on second season but a movie will be nice to but with all these plays going on it most likely be that
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3